AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chitchat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Good Old Aussie Spirit (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111996)

SteveT 02-01-2012 06:09 PM

Good Old Aussie Spirit

This little tale deserve's it's own page, Hence........
Good Old Aussie Spirit + a bonus or two??..............
Taking one on off my usual "therapeutic" toddle's on one of my route's and New Years Eve Arvo (not the quickest turtle presently.....Lol....), so I get use to most, well everyone approaching from behind and step aside to allow smooth passage on the one lane "Footpath" highway's at times.......Lol.....
Well, approaching one of my "favoured" Mountains, no big hill, no hill, no, no, well then "an extended incline, slightly inclined O.K..... Gee......
I could hear fast approaching noise's from behind, step, step,tap,step,step,tap etc and the low but steady winding type of noise and the fast approaching voice's of two female voices getting louder as they got near..............
No issue, glance back, two Really hot hunnies coming up quick about 4 to 1 pace's vrs me at my guess at speed......... Driveway just ahead, step aside as they caught up to me...........
After you ladies, jokingly that noting I had no chance of keeping up their pace, well, the fun began.....
The "younger one" pipped, "Well, Any wolf whistles and we will know whom to blame!!" & "Her Husband was on the top of the mountain", uumm slight incline then O.K., referring to her 86 year friend in the cool, latest model, red soft top "electric" 4w buggy, hence the winding noise, must have been in low range?? She was 82, sorry 81, 82 in March, some women do get fussy?? Hence step, step.tap..............
My response somewhere, "bugger the wolf whistle, I want to know if your mate is licienced to double in her "ride"......... Few laughs had and on their way, so I thought??
By the time I reached the corner across from the mountain, I could see them both Already at the top, and home eerr (told you they were quick)...........
Toddle carefully across the road(car conscious??) look up as the real cool red soft top pulls up and say's, " Ever been picked up by an 80 odd year old before?"...... No Mamm, stepped up on the back as directed as the bag's had already been onloaded, high range and on top of that mountain in record time.........
Bonus, a lovely icy cold glass of coke awaiting me (none of that artificial s--t around here.....Lol.....) at the top......
Me- Just sort of slipped out (must have been the med's) "Darn, suppose that blows my plan's for a hot night out in the soft top with his misses at Blacktown 'drive-in' that night"
I had actually met him about a month earlier (at the Doc's, where else)....
Turned out that his Grandfather, Father and he use to run the "fruit/vegie" shop in Main St. Blacktown for over 50 year's before things changed, small world sometime's!!
Bonus on top....... There use to be a lot of "market-gardener's" around the area back then (they grew most of their own stuff)......Made for a good stop for a quick orange/apple on a hot Summer day as kid's.. Had your favorite places, get to know as kid's do so never really a hassle to pick a couple now and then...... Flash of memory from day's long past......
"Did you own the place on XX Rd..........
"Yes"...............
Me- Do you remember a group off about 8 kid's on pushies trading for fruit etc by helping unload some rotten fruit/vegies to his compost heap (well tried anyway)........
Answer smiling, "Were you the kid that copped the rotten tomatoe, right in my open gob as I turned around at the wrong time??"..............Yeah.......... Got him back though when he came over to see if I was O.K., sucker, that half rotten pumpkin he just did not see coming...........Fun ++++, even the workers were in..........

WKD60 03-01-2012 03:16 PM

I can't, for the life of me, make out a word of what you just said.

anthonygubbin 03-01-2012 03:18 PM

Steve T, we need to start seeing the abreviated versions of your stories ;).

Regards A

rastus2571 03-01-2012 04:02 PM

Well you young whipper snapppers obviously did not live in the GOOD OLD DAYS.

If I can make sense of it, so can you.

Bring it on Steve. You do ramble a lot. Same as me. But that's what ya get we are old farts.

Mate the 80 yr old?

Got to ask them do they have a 30-40 yr old daughter.

Sheesh mate. Have ya not figured that one out yet?:D

You crack me up Steve. Too much time on your hands over the break mate.

Get onto our Janowen trip.

Watch that backhander from the missus. Julie-Anne I believe. I had one of them once.:cool:

(Rastus is in no way responsible for physical harm to either minors,(not miners) or adults or spouse interdiction from anyway,anything of whatever thrown across the room or from for what might happen after reading this post with the minister of finances and housing looking over your back).

Enuff said. I arrest my case your honour.:p

Mate I am laughing my head of about you.

SteveT 03-01-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonygubbin (Post 1249846)
Steve T, we need to start seeing the abreviated versions of your stories ;).

Regards A

Just wait till the "Pill's" reeeaaallly kick-in.................Lol.......... That's what happened, how do you shorten that 1/2 page??.........

rastus2571 03-01-2012 04:35 PM

Steve? What r u on?:p

Ya got me stuffed bloke.

SteveT 03-01-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rastus2571 (Post 1249856)
Well you young whipper snapppers obviously did not live in the GOOD OLD DAYS.

If I can make sense of it, so can you.

Bring it on Steve. You do ramble a lot. Same as me. But that's what ya get we are old farts.

Mate the 80 yr old?

Got to ask them do they have a 30-40 yr old daughter.

Sheesh mate. Have ya not figured that one out yet?:D

You crack me up Steve. Too much time on your hands over the break mate.

Get onto our Janowen trip.

Watch that backhander from the missus. Julie-Anne I believe. I had one of them once.:cool:

(Rastus is in no way responsible for physical harm to either minors,(not miners) or adults or spouse interdiction from anyway,anything of whatever thrown across the room or from for what might happen after reading this post with the minister of finances and housing looking over your back).

Enuff said. I arrest my case your honour.:p

Mate I am laughing my head of about you.

True, ramble a bit, better than lying down all bloody day, counting the crack's in the ceiling and then naming the little bugger's, but will be re-named next week, excitment+++++++
Think I am that slow, ALL son's, darn......
Back hander's, got that "sixth sense" at time's...Lol.......
You sound like an ex Govn't service worker......... Pass the buck real quick.........Lol........