AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chitchat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Adventure Kings 60L Fridge (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150645)

jwrangler 22-11-2017 09:55 PM

Adventure Kings 60L Fridge

Do an other members have one of these fridges?

I was wondering I have an Optima D31A starter battery in my JK, Would this power my fridge (kings 60L) for say 12 hours and still let me start the jeep?

Nanook 23-11-2017 05:23 AM

I run my 50l fridge off my Optima starter battery. The longest I've left it running was around 6-7 hours with no worries.

I have run it longer than that but I'll use a solar panel to top it up. The only time I leave my fridge on for that long is either I'm on the beach or driving.

At camp I run the fridge from a 130Ah deep cycle battery in my camper trailer. On that battery I've easily run it continuously for 6 days without charge.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get 12 hours out of it and still start the vehicle but I wouldn't risk it without some kind of back up plan.

Maybe one weekend try it in your driveway so you can jump start it if need be. However, I wouldn't make a habit of running down your battery too low as it will effect it in the long run.

jwrangler 23-11-2017 06:24 AM

The reason for my question was that i bought a Kings 60L fridge.

It turned out to be faulty and did not cool on 12V. It did however flatten my starter battery after 12 hours. (Battery is new)

4WD supacenter were great and replaced the fridge with no hesitation or cost to myself. The Fridge was only 3 days old & worked perfectly on 240V.

I will get the replacement fridge today and run it tonight to see how it goes.

Nanook 23-11-2017 07:10 AM

Do what I did. Buy yourself a 4wd Supercentre fold out solar panel to top up your battery when parked for long periods.

I mounted an Anderson plug from the battery to the front bar and plug the solar panel into that. It gives me piece of mind if the fish are biting on the beach and I'm not wanting to leave.

jwrangler 23-11-2017 08:11 AM

I have the fold out panel.

Mainly concerned for overnight stays where i cant charge the battery.

I also have a second D31A that i will install in a few months when a get the Uneek rear storage tub.

Throwers 25-11-2017 01:46 AM

That'd be useful info for me too. I was thinking of getting something like this and plugging it in occasionally.

skipperau 05-12-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmissionPro456 (Post 1624788)

Spammers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk