AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   KK Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Mopar KK Lift Kit (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105859)

Mr.T 14-05-2011 08:08 PM

Mopar KK Lift Kit

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, this post is way overdue but I finally found some time and figured out how to post pictures properly.

Recently I had Northern Jeep install the Mopar 2" lift kit. And after trying it out for a few weeks on and off road I have to say I am very pleased with the result! Originally the lift was close to 3 inches in the back and over 2 1/2 in the front, it has settled some now but still have just over 2 1/2 inch lift in the back and just under 2 1/2 inch in the front. I do notice the car is "leaning" towards the passenger side somewhat, however this seems to be a normal thing for the KK.

After running mud terrains for a number of months (didnt get around to taking them off) I swapped the muddies for the original 18" rims with highway tyres today and driving with the lift and these tyres is very comfortable.

I was amazed by the difference the lift kit made taking it off road. Where previously I bottomed out (or at least had the skids doing their work) or hit rocks frequently, now there is none of that! Combine this with the mud tyres and I am a very happy Jeep customer!

nursechocolate 18-05-2011 04:02 AM

Can i ask how much did it cost and was it a day job? I live in Bundaberg and am keen on traveling to Brisbane and getting it done :-)

Also, where did you get your skid plates from and how much did they cost? I cracked my transmission pan but got it fixed > I really need to invest in some plates

Cheers mate

Oops, I just realized Northern Jeep is in VIC, Northstar Jeep in is Brisbane > just wanted a price check

Fouros 20-05-2011 08:47 AM

give crd stu a call, he advertises on this forum and is in brisbane

nursechocolate 21-05-2011 12:28 AM

thanks mate

bifjeep 13-06-2011 05:59 PM

For Info for any others with a Mopar Lift. I had my lift fitted just after Easter and last week during the 12,000 service the rear two shocks needed replacing as one was leaking. Replaced under warranty so no problems.

Still very happy with the lift.

Peter

Darwin Rick 15-07-2011 11:51 AM

Others' views on Mopar lift kit

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there,
Last week (after much hassle through Chrysler/Jeep re delayed delivery dates and very nearly pulling the pin and opting for a CRDSTU kit) I finally had the Mopar 2" lift kit arrive and fitted to my 2010 KK Limited CRD. Initially it looked a lot higher, but on checking it, it was less than 2" higher both at front and rear. This is in contrast to Mr T's lift, which was apparently well over 2". The car isn't really optioned up other than skid plates and roof rack, so it's not like there's much extra weight pushing it down. It also has the slight lean to the left that Mr T pointed out. I'd be keen to hear what others are finding with their Mopar lift kits, and whether I should be querying the height and/or lean with Jeep.

Apart from these issues though, the driveability has improved massively. Took it camping this week and it drove beautifully both on- and off-road. I've posted a pic of the KK in the south of Kakadu.

CRDSTU 17-07-2011 07:03 AM

How big are these leans to one side? Can you guys take some measurements?