AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   intake manifold removal help plz ... also need a waterpump rear housing manifold (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152709)

Jumunji-XJTD 26-04-2018 01:45 PM

intake manifold removal help plz ... also need a waterpump rear housing manifold

hey guys can anyone help me with tips of removing the intake manifold the nuts are in very hard to get to spaces towards the back of the engine exhaust manifold is in the way too ... also looking for a water pump rear housing the part attached to the oil cooler pipes and radiator .. mine has snapped where the oil cooler pipe attaches so no putting it back together without such a vital part or know where I could get a new one?:!:

layback40 26-04-2018 09:43 PM

Need to remove both in & exhaust manifolds at once. Remove clutch master helps. There is one manifold nut #3 exhaust that is a bastard, 13mm open end from back of engine the only way. 1/4 drive socket for others with an extension. May need to cut a socket down to size to fit. Think you need to find some one to TIG weld your broken bit.

Jumunji-XJTD 26-04-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layback40 (Post 1632768)
Need to remove both in & exhaust manifolds at once. Remove clutch master helps. There is one manifold nut #3 exhaust that is a bastard, 13mm open end from back of engine the only way. 1/4 drive socket for others with an extension. May need to cut a socket down to size to fit. Think you need to find some one to TIG weld your broken bit.

Yeah they are a bit of a bastard .. I'm in the process of cleaning out all intake pipes and manifold following my oil in the intake thread you've been helping me with.. I have found a wrecking td xj in SA that has the part i need his pulling it out this weekend for inspection before I buy it but his confident its ok .. I have been finding heavy corrosion through my cooling system any product or advice for flushing the system out with? I'm worried the galleries could block up in the block

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

layback40 27-04-2018 07:36 AM

Never use tap water with coolant.
I run unpressurised & with anti corrosion additive (green), added to rainwater. it works for me. I would run straight rain water for a day getting it hot & then dumping the water while hot. then fill up with rainwater/inhibitor mix. you are more likely to block the radiator than the block.

Jumunji-XJTD 27-04-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layback40 (Post 1632779)
Never use tap water with coolant.
I run unpressurised & with anti corrosion additive (green), added to rainwater. it works for me. I would run straight rain water for a day getting it hot & then dumping the water while hot. then fill up with rainwater/inhibitor mix. you are more likely to block the radiator than the block.

Thanks I'll do that .. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk