AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Jeep build up (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   XJ: TD 'Pocket Tourer' (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71824)

indertdxj 10-10-2007 07:08 PM

XJ: TD 'Pocket Tourer'

4 Attachment(s)
This is my first ever 4WD...But I think I have the bug......

I have installed a dual battery system. No smart solenoid totally manual control. Cable runs from fuse side of alternator to boat style 140amp batter isolator/selector. from there it runs down chassis rail to boot to a box I ahve yet to finish carpeting. On this box I have installed fuse holders and another isolator so I don't have to open bonnet and power outlets.

I figure it is cheap and 'stupid proof'. I can leave the switch under hood to 'both' batteries and then isolate the rear battery when not charging. If the starter goes flat I just isolate it (similar switch installed) and select battery two and I have a back up Cranking battery, soon to be two when winch battery goes in.

Second shelf will hold second high CCA battery for winch.

indertdxj 10-10-2007 07:18 PM

3.5 Inch lift

4 Attachment(s)
Raised the XJ today 1 3/4 inch shackles and spacer on top of 1 3/4 springs already there. 3.5 inches in total. Added adjustable panhard rod. As you can see the shackles at rear don't leave much room for exhaust. Infact it is hitting. Now I have to get new exhaust DAMN!! Been looking for an excuse for 3 inch straight through system.

Also replaced bushes front and rear. EFS suspension provided the bushes at reasonable prices. Definately worth a look at EFS for suspension components. The bushes have held up well but I think the rear leafs could be a little stiffer (fixing that with air bags).

$30 EFS supplied 12mm spacers for transfer case. Seems to have eliminated the need for SYE.

indertdxj 10-10-2007 07:21 PM

More Pics

4 Attachment(s)
More Pics of lift.

indertdxj 10-10-2007 07:29 PM

ARB Bar

4 Attachment(s)
A mate of myne painted the ARB winch bar previously picture in this thread Matt black kill rust (Thanks Mate ). We figured that this way I can make any touch ups easily without the paint patch up standing out like dogs balls.

Not only does this offer some great protection it allowed me to mount the spotties, fibreglass GME spring mounted aerial. Now I just need the winch to fill the gap (until then it is allowing some nice cool air through to the intercooler). Oh and some indicators to fit in the bar as it didn't come with any.

Definately not fitting KC 'smiley face' covers!!!!

indertdxj 10-10-2007 07:33 PM

KC Highlights

2 Attachment(s)
Definately not installing 'Smiley Faces'!!

I intalled a IPF mouse style push button switch as they stick to dash and look OE. Very neat unit. Lights are wired in via relay and High beam on.

indertdxj 10-10-2007 07:39 PM

Radio install

1 Attachment(s)
GME Radio installed under dash...Found it a very neat unit and easy install. The bracket wholes fitted two existing holes under glove box side. I did use longer (fatter) screws to make sure it doesn't bounce out!!

indertdxj 10-10-2007 07:41 PM

Coming Soon

3 Attachment(s)
Air tank....I have a inline filter as well. Installing Compressor in rear guard. Pics when done.