AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   CRD oil Type? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92851)

sbv20j 24-01-2010 01:05 PM

CRD oil Type?

Hi All

What type of oil are you guys using?

I had my 3ltr CRD serviced (100k service) by a local jeep dealer (well 2hrs drive) and i noticed on the invoice that they used magnatec professional 10w-30.

The manual from what i understand says 5w-30 acea A3/B4/C3 MB229.31 spec.

After the service my jeep feels a bit sluggish (maybe all in my head) would using the incorrect oil grade do this?

ginga 26-01-2010 08:58 AM

The Jeep dealer here on the Central Coast (NSW) uses 5W/30 Shell Helix ultra Full Synthetic Oil - about $150 worth

drover 26-01-2010 05:03 PM

Penrite HPR5 Diesel, is a B4 grade and is usually about $89 for 10 lts, buy it when Repco has their 20% off . Last time I checked Magnetec was only a B3 while the Penrite is B4, 5 /30 or 5/40 or 10/30 or 40will make no difference. Actually the 10/40 would probably be better with the temps we've been having up here in QLD.

loric 26-01-2010 06:38 PM

Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 is the recommended oil by MB and the only one to meet the two MB certs. (I believe MB instructed all their garages to use that particular oil in the 3.0L CRD. Theres a thread on this on Jeepforums).

Jeep dealers in Melb use Castrol Edge Sport. Same grade, but w/o the MB certs.

sbv20j 27-01-2010 06:23 AM

Thanks

Thanks Guys

I in the process of writing a letter of complant to jeep
As the dealer done a really piss poor job, after doing the post for this tread i have since found that all the bolts on the belly splash gaurds were loose, 2 fell out and are lost, the front ones have been ripped out ie mechanic pulled the nutserts out. Prior to the service they were all fine as i was under the jeep looking for any faults.
I was told they replaced the air filter which they didnt etc etc Not Happy Jan
And they charged me $918 for the pleasure :wall:

loric 27-01-2010 08:21 AM

Which garage did you go to?? That sounds like total incompetence. I feel your pain.

sbv20j 27-01-2010 09:07 AM

They are in the Bundaberg Area, not sure if there are any legal implications if i name them.
I have since been speaking to Chrysler customer care and they are on the case, they have contacted the dealer and a waiting for a return phone call.
Gave them the full run down and photos on some of the issues.
Also mentioned that the front right cv boot had a small split which they glued rather than replacing the boot under warranty

Quote:

Originally Posted by loric (Post 1041924)
Which garage did you go to?? That sounds like total incompetence. I feel your pain.