AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   What would stop you from buying the Next Gen Grand Cherokee? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100799)

jenkomagic 01-11-2010 09:33 PM

What would stop you from buying the Next Gen Grand Cherokee?

Hi team if you own a WH, what would you want changed before you purchased the next model? Or what are you not happy with in owning a WH?

hills46 02-11-2010 08:14 PM

I love my WH and was toying with getting a new one if they had a runout sale in the lead up to the new model. Turns out they only have black CRD Limiteds left. Hate black, and hate the wood panelling. :-(

Tardis 02-11-2010 09:44 PM

I was hoping to buy a new Grand late next year but after hoping in the demo one at the Jambo it did'nt do anything for me so today i picked up one of the last silver WH crd,spent all afternoon driving all over the place then a couple of hours playing with the sat nav and sound system and climbing underneath to check out the running gear,what's the go with the PLASTIC bash plates,will need to make some steel ones before i take it anywere serious

Ben73 03-11-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hills46 (Post 1138664)
I love my WH and was toying with getting a new one if they had a runout sale in the lead up to the new model. Turns out they only have black CRD Limiteds left. Hate black, and hate the wood panelling. :-(

I love black and I love the wood. But I hate CRD.

The New GC looks pretty good, but I think I will just by a WH when I can.

jzp 03-11-2010 12:49 PM

Dealership service departments will deter me from buying a new Jeep.

Again they proved with my JK that that they do an average job on basic issues and charge a fortune for simple stuff.

God forbid they should look at something more complex.

I know it doesn't answer your question... but GRRRRRR!!!!!

drj33p 03-11-2010 04:20 PM

What would stop me from buying a new Grand?

My old one,
We love it, great tow car with heaps of power and torque,
Top 4WD system (QD11),good range of after market stuff.

And even with the few issues thay have for the purpuse that i use it for much better value than anything eles on the road.

The only thing, i wish Jeep would make it easyer to fit larger tyres without having to cut bolts or buy different rims.

TassieTJ 03-11-2010 07:15 PM

what would stop me ? apart from $$, I guess the independent front..

Is the hand break on wrong side still like a WH ?

Oh yea there isn't a dealer in Hobart, Tassie ;););)