AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   S49 Recall is really BAD!! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146390)

GC_Fan 04-11-2016 04:44 PM

Thanks for sharing, I don't yet know if this is for all GC model years, but last couple weeks my fans have been reallly really loud as well, and I did have a service from a jeep dealer just before and the work sheet says applied outstanding VIP recalls. I'll check with dealer Monday and confirm if it's the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling Sal 04-11-2016 05:09 PM

Ours has done it once too. Not a bad thing to cool your engine more, especially if you are towing, as we are!
Jeep will replace the fan if it fails prematurely because of it's extra use, don't worry.
Heaps of us have the same problem - hopefully they will have a fix soon.

CHeers,
Sally

SJetc 04-11-2016 05:39 PM

Thanks GCBiz. Have a '14 Overland CRD and due for her 80,000 service in December. I've been watching the reports on various websites and have decided not to go with it until I see a fix in place. She has been issue free for 3 1/2 years and I don't want our first one now due to this recall. It can wait. :)

Cherokee30D 04-11-2016 06:03 PM

Haven't had the fan thing happen to mine since the recall, only the spasmodic fuel usage as mentioned in another post......

Cheers, Craig

SnakeDoctor 04-11-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCBiz (Post 1595492)

So this current fans issues brings back some really bad memories for me, stresses me out every time they kick off.

I wouldn't stress about the fans, if it was only happening to you, that's the time to be concerned, it's happening to everyone so it's all good and they will sort it out next service imo.

I'm not even going to bother taking my car back until it's due for that service.

GMEMUD 08-11-2016 04:30 AM

I won't bother getting the S49 recall done until I'm satisfied the problems have been sorted completely. After going through the N23 debacle in the old WH I'm far from confident they know how to fix something that didn't need fixing in the first place, admitingly the shifter is a prick of a set-up, but I can live with it.

mikey61 08-11-2016 06:24 AM

Since the update I have had 2 exhaust regen burns happen. Once immediately after picking it up after the recall and the other day after a 300km highway trip. In the last 3 years I have had the car it has never done a regen burn until the update. Also have had the ignition stay on after I shut down the engine. Hope they sort it soon, don't need another WH update disaster.
Regards
Mike Y