AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   S49 Recall is really BAD!! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146390)

GlugGlug 11-11-2016 08:38 AM

What is S49 recall?

I got a letter about something in my roof lining, laughed and threw it in the bin. No way am I letting a stealership remove my roof lining!

hills46 11-11-2016 06:06 PM

Had my first experience with the fans going full bore today. Kind of annoying. You could see the effect though, oil temp was 92 going up the hill whereas it usually gets up to 100 by the time you hit the top. What's most annoying is I didn't want the stoopid trans update but the dealer said I had no choice as it was a safety recall but I read on here that WKOverland had already confirmed with the very same dealer that the update had issues before they even did mine! Wankers.

With regard the trans update, is there not a pressure switch in the drivers seat like there is in the passenger seat?

Jeff12300 13-11-2016 05:42 AM

Just had mine serviced at coffs and they said they are not doing the s49 update until a fix comes for the noisy fan. They will get in contact with me once the patch comes through

Meggso 14-11-2016 07:38 AM

I think it's even worse than most have guessed.
The regular fan noise is bad enough, but every time the fans come on I believe it's doing a DPF burn off. According to OBDII.
Ours has gone from doing a burn once a tank or so (500km+) to as often as every 100km.
Keep an eye on your oil level/condition, folks!...

Benn0 14-11-2016 08:33 AM

Ok, that might explain why people are seeing regen alerts. Looks like they really stuffed up this trans recall.

Benn0 14-11-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlugGlug (Post 1595977)
What is S49 recall?

I got a letter about something in my roof lining, laughed and threw it in the bin. No way am I letting a stealership remove my roof lining!

It's the transmission update that prevents you getting out of the car while it is in any gear other than Park. Stops you from doing an anton yelchin.

hills46 16-11-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meggso (Post 1596306)
I think it's even worse than most have guessed.
The regular fan noise is bad enough, but every time the fans come on I believe it's doing a DPF burn off. According to OBDII.
Ours has gone from doing a burn once a tank or so (500km+) to as often as every 100km.
Keep an eye on your oil level/condition, folks!...

So what's the gjve away in OBD that a burn is happening? Having done 85,000 so far I've never noticed anhthing out of the ordinary , unexplained change in consumption, and certainly never had a dash light. I do do around 100k's a day, a lot at 80 or higher. I was going to put forward an alternative theory as the one time I've had the fans going bezerk since the update was also the one time I've had the climate control on.... Unlikely to be change in temp triggers as the oil temp was up to 106 yesterday going up hill.