AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   S49 Recall is really BAD!! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146390)

MrHankus 29-11-2016 06:22 PM

Same Issue Here, 2015 Grand Cherokee, EcoDiesel ... Fan screaming at Max Power ever since auto-park recall fix ... hopefully some sort of fix is available soon.

mikey123abc 06-12-2016 07:46 AM

fans going nuts...then my transmission died.

Hi guys.
My 2015 diesel Laredo was in for service at about the time that recall came out, so it was applied. The fans have been going nuts ever since, but I figured a fan coming on couldn't cause any harm.
Then two weeks ago, the transmission started playing up. shifting gear was a bit clunky, and it seemed to be holding gears longer, and occasionally slipping. Then it became obvious there was something seriously wrong, so I called Jeep assist. The malfunction light was lit on the dash. they took it for a drive and got stuck out of gear, the middle of the road about 200m from my house. Oil dumped on the road. Eventually they towed it to the local dealer. The dealer still has it. They have had it for 10 days...each time I speak to them they say they had to order more parts from interstate. I thought I would get a temporary replacement vehicle, as it is a warranty issue, but no.
It does seem suspicious that all these transmission issues happened just after the transmission 'fix' was applied....but they tell me it isn't related.
....yesterday they told me it will be ready today.......still hoping it will be.
Mike

noons 06-12-2016 09:33 AM

Wow... hopefully it all gets resolved for you.
Doesn't sound great at all.

Troutman 06-12-2016 09:43 AM

They need to be taken to court IMO. FCA are knowingly applying a defective piece of software after they've admitted to some customers that a fix for the fix is coming around Christmas. So is fking Santa Claus.

noons 06-12-2016 11:15 AM

That's a fair enough call. I wonder if this is only an issue for export models?

spoondog 06-12-2016 05:42 PM

Ring FCA and they might get you a loaner. When my 2012 laredo did the transmission the dealer said they don't do loaner so I rang FCA and they got me a rental. Good thing too because it ended up taking 6 weeks to fix but FCA were very helpful.

mrwnut01 06-12-2016 07:20 PM

Since the update

The fan thing has been driving me nuts.
Since that update, I am using at least an extra 1.5ltrs per 100kms. Over the last three weeks I had fuel following issue happen five times. I had the car start to shutter at speed, like it having issues finding a gear or something. Had the fuel and filters checked and it is all perfect. Worst thing is that there are no failures in the system, so I cannot get it addressed at the service centre.
God I hope the update when ever that will be will fix everyone's issues.
Any one else having issues with the car running rough?