AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Rear View mirror auto dimmer function (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161714)

FARWEST 21-08-2023 05:11 PM

Rear View mirror auto dimmer function

Hi guys n gals.....question for the learned forum members....the dimmer function on my rear view mirror has ceased functioning....ie: light in the on/off button at the base of the mirror doesnt illuminate to say its on...and...from night time driving experience....its not working....the function did originally work when I bought the car...ie: light in the on/off button illuminated and glare was reduced....but...at some stage it has ceased operating....I had a read of the Owners Manual to make sure I hadnt inadvertently turned the function off using the evic....but....the only mention I could find was the use of the button at the base of the mirror.
Any knowledge on a fuse check or something I can check in the mirror itself ????
Many thanks.

drover 21-08-2023 05:24 PM

I have no bluddy idea............................ lol.

Jeeper6 21-08-2023 08:40 PM

I question whether the dimmer function is much good anyway. Both of my WK2's have had that green light on, but I don't reckon following lights are dimmed that much anyway...dunno about the function turning off though, but, as we know, Jeeps can do strange stuff at times, like out of the blue it will work again...lol

FARWEST 21-08-2023 09:00 PM

Drover doesnt drive after dark so no help there....and your suggesting a good blast down a bumpy dirt track to perhaps 'jiggle it' back into operation...old skool style...Jeeper6.....hmmmm....was kinda hoping for an enlightened response but...mwehhhh.....it is what it is....it did work ok when it did work...dims the rearview and the drivers side mirror...by dim I mean lessen the brightness of following vehicles with serious eye problems....apparently the brain deads cant figure if they can see my 12w tail lights then their 30000w of store bought sunshine should be dipped....brains and statues....the theme continues

LeCheese 21-08-2023 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper6 (Post 1693430)
I question whether the dimmer function is much good anyway. Both of my WK2's have had that green light on, but I don't reckon following lights are dimmed that much anyway...dunno about the function turning off though, but, as we know, Jeeps can do strange stuff at times, like out of the blue it will work again...lol

Nah it makes an enormous difference - when it's working to its fullest extent, both the rear vision mirror and wing mirrors have a dark greeny blue tint to them which massively cuts out glare. You can tell as the outermost border of the mirrors don't change colour

FARWEST 21-08-2023 09:36 PM

Le Cheese...there is another upgrade from the '14's on....my model...so '11-13's....only have the drivers side mirror with the anti-glare feature...according to my Owners Manual....it actuated when the button on the rearview mirror was in the on function and button illuminated....and yep...it worked well....I was accustomed to turning the mirrors 'out' a little to point the following vehicles SUNSHINE back at em....until I bought this bus...only bugs me now when towing with the tow mirrors attached....can still turn the car mirrors out a little n bounce the hi-beams back....but....I dont do much...if any...night towing...either having a coldie or cooking breakfast when its dark

LeCheese 21-08-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FARWEST (Post 1693435)
Le Cheese...there is another upgrade from the '14's on....my model...so '11-13's....only have the drivers side mirror with the anti-glare feature...according to my Owners Manual....it actuated when the button on the rearview mirror was in the on function and button illuminated....and yep...it worked well....I was accustomed to turning the mirrors 'out' a little to point the following vehicles SUNSHINE back at em....until I bought this bus...only bugs me now when towing with the tow mirrors attached....can still turn the car mirrors out a little n bounce the hi-beams back....but....I dont do much...if any...night towing...either having a coldie or cooking breakfast when its dark

Hmmm, it's been a while, but I swear both wing mirrors dimmed on the 2011 I had before my current - but if it says it in the manual, it's probably correct. Probably...