AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Fuel Consumption - Diesel (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158469)

Pokergee60 13-10-2020 09:42 PM

Fuel Consumption - Diesel

Hi guys, not sure if there is a tread here, but trying to find out what is a common diesel consumption I should get out of my GC Trailhawk 2018 diesel.
At the moment I'm getting between 13.5-14.5lt per 100km in city.
I have noticed that in auto, the transmission is normally 1 gear lower than it could be, running at 1500 revs, as if I put into manual and shift to a higher gear, I would be ticking over 1100 revs on the same road.

Grippy 14-10-2020 06:04 AM

Is this city driving? Are you putting around or giving it a bit of stick?
My 12 Overland Diesel sits on around 11 or 12 around the city if taking it easy and as low as 8 on the highway

FamilyTruckster 14-10-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokergee60 (Post 1666045)
Hi guys, not sure if there is a tread here, but trying to find out what is a common diesel consumption I should get out of my GC Trailhawk 2018 diesel.
At the moment I'm getting between 13.5-14.5lt per 100km in city.
I have noticed that in auto, the transmission is normally 1 gear lower than it could be, running at 1500 revs, as if I put into manual and shift to a higher gear, I would be ticking over 1100 revs on the same road.

I’m getting similar city economy in my petrol. Not sure about highway as I haven’t done much yet, but combined highway/city I’m getting around 10-10.5. I was thinking of going diesel but I’m more than happy with my petrol. Especially as it’s 20 cents a litre cheaper than diesel.

SouthernComfort 14-10-2020 07:26 AM

My combined average in the good old days always sat around 10.0. In lock-down central, current average urban is more like 12.0. Can someone remind me what a "highway" is please? my memory is fading rapidly.

drover 14-10-2020 07:29 AM

Sounds a bit high too me, I don't do any city driving but around town worst would be 10.5 while belting down a freeway I can get 8.4 but usually sits around the 9 mark............... a dirty MAP or MAF sensor or both could cause it to burn more, MAP can get clogged with soot and the MAF can get dirty/oily from a filter that isn't dry but has an oily residue in its element, or just a dirty air filter.

Nanook 14-10-2020 07:48 AM

I'd got those figures in my old 3.8L petrol Wrangler. I'd be horrified if my GC was at 13L/100 unless the camper trailer was behind it, going up a hill.

My figures are the same as Drover's, around the 9.5 - 10 mark. What you are getting seems a tad excessive.

Fishframe 14-10-2020 08:22 AM

City driving obviously worst for fuel,economy. But what City? If in Sydney with long stops and starts between many lights then those figures not unreasonable. Driving style has a lot to do with it as well. Do you compete in the traffic light drag strip challenge?