AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Dyno tuning (flash tuning) V6 JK Wranglers (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133421)

broadz 30-05-2014 02:48 PM

Dyno tuning (flash tuning) V6 JK Wranglers

Are any (Victorian) members interested in a flash tune for your Petrol V6 JK Wrangler. Herrod/sct now make a tuner kit and my local workshop is offering a special deal for the first ten customers. This involves a hand held controller similar to but better than the superchips one and many hours of dyno time.
Benefits: improved fuel economy, greater power and more torque to name a few.

Are there anyone here interested?

MDK 30-05-2014 05:00 PM

3.6 or 3.8?

MightyMouse 30-05-2014 05:12 PM

What engine are you meaning 3.8, 3.6 or both.

There's very little info on the SCT tuner itself especially the extra functions like fast idle, TPMS change, tire diameter, ESP disable, DTC's in plain text, diff locks etc etc etc. For me these are very important functions

More power would be good, but the tuner needs to be well set up for ongoing use.... I'm over tuners that have some functions but not all - and of course a lot of the time once brand x is used brand Y won't work.

If they post a few before and after dyno graphs proving they represent good value for money it would be interesting.

broadz 30-05-2014 05:18 PM

I believe it is for both 3.6 and 3.8 v6 engines.
This is pretty much the exact same tuner as what is used for tuning BA/BF/FG falcons. Its more than just a hand held controller, it is written to via laptop while the vehicle is being run up on the dyno.
I'll be able to tell you exactly what it can do very soon as my Jeep is one of the first jeeps to use it.

broadz 30-05-2014 06:00 PM

straight from their website:

Rear O2's Disabled
Disables the Rear O2s and eliminates CEL caused by rear O2 removal.

Fuel Injectors
Allows you to adjust for different sized fuel injectors.

CMCV Delete Plates
Allows you to disable the CMCV (Charge Motion Control Valve) in your vehicles PCM to prevent a Check Engine light and other issues associated with removing the CMCV plates in your vehicle.

Speed Limiter
Allows you to Remove, Increase or Decrease the vehicles speed limiter.

Idle Speed
Allows you to Increase or Decrease the vehicles idle speed.

Traction Control
Allows you to disable the vehicles Traction Control without using the button in the vehicle.

Spark Modification by RPM
Allows you to Add or Remove Timing by RPM Range. (0-2000)(2000-4000)(4000-8000)

WOT Fuel
Allows you to Add or Remove Fuel at Wide Open Throttle.

Shift Firmness Control
Allows you to change the transmissions shift pressure. Controls how firm the shifts will feel. * Vehicles with Automatic Transmissions ONLY

Axle Ratio
Allow you to set the axle ratio (gear ratio) to correct shift patterns and the speedometer on your vehicle.

Tire Size
Allows you to set the tire size to correct shift patterns and the speedometer on your vehicle.

Aftermarket Intake
Allows an aftermarket intake to be run on the vehicle without a Check Engine Light. For Intake Kits that require tuning, this will provide a selection of available intake kits.

Stores Stock Tune
Stores a true copy of your vehicle's stock file before programming. Used for warranty repairs and unlocking the programmer.

Supports Custom Tunes
Supports and holds custom tunes.

Fan Control
Lowers the Temperature at which the Fan turns on.

Idle Speed
Allows you to Increase or Decrease the vehicles idle speed.

Rev / RPM Limiter in Drive
Allows you to Remove, Increase or Decrease the vehicles Rev / RPM limiter in Drive

Rev / RPM Limiter Neutral
Allows you to Remove, Increase or Decrease the vehicles Rev / RPM limiter in Neutral

Speed Limiter
Allows you to Remove, Increase or Decrease the vehicles speed limiter.

Fan Control
Lowers the Temperature at which the Fan turns on.

WOT Fuel
Allows you to Add or Remove Fuel at Wide Open Throttle.

Axle Ratio
Allow you to set the axle ratio (gear ratio) to correct shift patterns and the speedometer on your vehicle.

Tire Size
Allows you to set the tire size to correct shift patterns and the speedometer on your vehicle.

WOT Shift Points by Gear
Allows you to Increase or Decrease the Wide Open Throttle Shift points of each gear individually.

Shift Firmness Control
Allows you to change the transmissions shift pressure. Controls how firm the shifts will feel. * Vehicles with Automatic Transmissions ONLY

Rock God 30-05-2014 07:55 PM

I might be, what's the damage to the pocket?

MightyMouse 31-05-2014 09:48 AM

Yes I understand the hardware / software involved.......but i NEED the hand held bit to do the day to day adjustments and it needs to actually work, so that's why its important to me. What they do on their dyno is important to them in customizing the tune... but that's hopefully a one off.

I've already accumulated a handful of interfaces / programmers, but they all have their own unique issues, Some simply don't work as advertised and once you've spent your money its F you jack. Start making multiple dyno visits and the costs skyrocket.

As I said... let them publish BEFORE and AFTER dyno graphs of a single vehicle and city and highway fuel consumptions... all around driveablity is important to most of us as well as power/torque.

Herrod's aren't novices, and I'd REALLY like someone local to be able to do decent tuning for modified JK's........ but there are many tuning companies who's results just haven't matched their claims.