AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Replacement Stereo (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149316)

Stavros 17-07-2017 09:38 PM

Replacement Stereo

Team. I am at a little bit of a loss here. Any help is much appreciated.

I want to replace the stereo in my 2011 JK (non nav with amp and sub) with something that has nav and can take a reverse camera.

I rang the local car audio place and they basically ended up at the $2k mark.

Now I don't expect this to be $200 but I didn't expect that. I get the feeling there was an over quote on the harnesses, etc.

Anyway, I was thinking one of the Apple car play head units would do the trick. This would save the need for reliance on another mapping product.

Any more reasonable suggestions of what could work? I am confident for install just not across the what works and what do I need questions.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OzRick25 17-07-2017 09:56 PM

I was looking into this too I have decided not to do it and use a 10 inch tablet mounted between the visers. Have ordered a wifi reverse cam. I have an 07 no bluetooth so will most likely run an aux cable possibly to the rear of the stereo (maybe the front). Also looking into the possibility of using the video out on the dvd player with a wifi or bluetooth tx more out of interest.
Hopefully someone has a neat replacement head unit though

XJeepers 18-07-2017 03:05 PM

sony xav-ax100 looks like a neat and affordable unit. I think quadratic might do a harness for it also.

Stavros 18-07-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJeepers (Post 1615382)
sony xav-ax100 looks like a neat and affordable unit. I think quadratic might do a harness for it also.

I have seen this on the Quadratec website so assume it fits nicely. I've seen some don't and need trimming.

JB seems to have this for an okay price, so it's the front runner for now.

I assume it could take a reverse cam as well.

Anyone installed one of these?

Stavros 18-07-2017 10:01 PM

Replacement Stereo

I lie actually. It's $730 or thereabouts. Converted its only $500 ish plus s+h from the States.

Is there any issues with bringing it onion from there - can you adjust radio setup? I know that's an option in my fusion for my camper.

Cherokee30D 19-07-2017 06:04 AM

Mine is an Alpine INE-W960A. Great unit.
Awesome sound, great navigation, reversing camera and Hema (equivalent) off road maps.
Not the cheapest, but the best I could find.

Cheers, Craig

rubberducky 20-07-2017 01:15 AM

Thinking that unit myself, look at eBay stores. $585 posted or thereabouts. Keep in mind there's more than just replacing the head unit. If you want it to work with the stock amp and steering wheel controls then you need to buy an interface like the PAC audio RP4-CH11. If you're putting in a new amp then don't need to worry about the amp side of that unit but still need steering wheel controls unit. If you want to keep the factory sub in the boot then you pretty much need to keep the stock amp, but that means keeping the stock speakers and power which are fairly average.