AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   The bug is back (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151896)

StewartVerity 24-01-2018 10:49 AM

I spent $30 on a new sensor from the US (inc air freight) and 5min swapping it over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ RIDER 24-01-2018 11:23 AM

Im hoping this will fix it cos they will just keeping ticking things off the list at my expense until its sorted or until my extended warranty says no.

Time to realistically look elswhere I think as much as it pains me...but the list is so short

Tog 24-01-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08crd (Post 1628076)
Yes, I see Rockauto's have it for $138U.S. Jeep Australia have lost the plot.

I was quoted $375, to replace a TPMS in a front tyre, well that was another job they lost.

That sounds like jeep Australia they tried to tell me the front prop shaft cv is not replaceable and you have to get the whole shaft for $1800

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KJ RIDER 25-01-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ RIDER (Post 1628074)
yep...total was around $1100.00

extended warranty ( not through jeep ), look like covering it.

They will fit one off a car in the lot and drive it till tomorrow to see if it limps and if its ok they will order a new one in.

Im up for the flush tho

Well cross the MAF off the list, that didn't work either...........

Apparently they need to get some dude involved now from Chrysler. Hardly fills me with excitement, Im picturing some bloke with a shoe phone and the cone of silence :confused:

KJ RIDER 01-02-2018 11:04 AM

well still nothing

Apparently they are chasing an electrical issue rather than an actual parts issue now.... I will be asking about a loaner vehicle today, I reckon its been long enough.

KJ RIDER 02-02-2018 07:19 PM

well still searching,

it limped three times this week apparently whilst at the dealership. They said its an improvement on how it performed last week when they were driving it...wtf

Problem is it throws up different codes each time it does it so its hard to pin point the source..so im told. The throttle body is the next thing on the list...

At least I got a loaner today...a veritable rocket ship those petrol Renegades...holy $hit I thought it had gone into limp mode on the freeway but thats just how it is, it just has no power when you accelerate...anyway, I shouldn't complain

KJ RIDER 07-02-2018 12:13 PM

news just in is that the throttle body may have been the culprit. It was replaced with a donor part a couple of days ago and the car has behaved....usually it would have limped by now. So a new part is on order and should have the car back by the weekend. I have told them to drive it overnight with the new part to make double sure the car behaves.

Im guessing the trans recall update has been done also, so I hope its the updated version. Interesting few days ahead once I get it back.

With the initial flush that was done in the hope of fixing the issue it has got me thinking about catch cans again, but then again if I install one will it just give them more ammo to use against me if the car fails again in the future.

Benn0 07-02-2018 01:20 PM

At least your dealer seems to have half a clue how to fix stuff.....

Methamon 07-02-2018 02:54 PM

Hi

What was the trans recall update ???