AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hot Topic of week (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Rockauto Resumes Shipping to Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156989)

bonza 04-01-2020 06:08 AM

Rockauto Resumes Shipping to Australia

some of you maybe aware that Rockauto had stopped shipping goods to Australia

I think it may have something to do with the bureaucracy regarding the Hardly Normal tax

well now it seems that's been resolved as yesterday I received an email stating:-

"As of January 1st, we have resumed shipping parts to Australia! RockAuto.com is now registered to collect Australian taxes and we do not expect any further disruptions".

the latest discount code is: WELAU2

drover 04-01-2020 08:16 AM

Well thats is good news, I hope I don't have to avail myself of them again......usually means problems in the shed.

alexbrown64 04-01-2020 08:59 AM

I am just building up an order so that i don't get stranded again.

Buying NTK sensors, Gates belts, etc..
O2 Sensor,
TPS,
CPS,
Cam position sensor,
Gates fan belt.

The whole lot for $160 usd with post. Keeping them in the car with tools. The XJ is running smooth at 325,000 K's, but I'm preempting any future sensor failures. Rockauto is also good for organizing future servicing. I had to buy an airfilter at Supercrap for $50. Same one at Rockauto was $5. Now i just get an order together for caps/leads/filters/plugs etc.. and save a fortune.

Glad they are back up and running. Shame our government had to stick their finger in the pie. I already pay up to 48% of my wage directly in income tax....

Cheers,

drover 04-01-2020 09:26 AM

Nothing beats a good spares box, might avail myself of some hoses and a new belt, should be an all up total equal to one item here, especially since I hardly have a spares box for this new rig.

bonza 05-01-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexbrown64 (Post 1656152)
I am just building up an order so that i don't get stranded again.

Buying NTK sensors, Gates belts, etc..
O2 Sensor,
TPS,
CPS,
Cam position sensor,
Gates fan belt.

The whole lot for $160 usd with post. Keeping them in the car with tools. The XJ is running smooth at 325,000 K's, but I'm preempting any future sensor failures. Rockauto is also good for organizing future servicing. I had to buy an airfilter at Supercrap for $50. Same one at Rockauto was $5. Now i just get an order together for caps/leads/filters/plugs etc.. and save a fortune.

Glad they are back up and running. Shame our government had to stick their finger in the pie. I already pay up to 48% of my wage directly in income tax....

Cheers,

building up an inventory of spares is what I've also done for my TJ. I'm a big believer in Murphy's Law, like if you are not prepared for something bad things happen, whereas if you are prepared then usually nothing bad happens

my stock of spares includes a set of NTK o2 sensors, rear wheel bearings and seals, rear wheel brake cylinders, tie rod ends and many more bits of pieces.
a lot of things I got when Rockauto had closeout sales like the wheel cylinders and tie rod ends. you just have to look at freight costs and try to consolidate things

all that I've used so far besides normal consumables like spark plugs and air filters, are the tie rod ends, rear wheel bearing when a seal started to leak and a coolant pump

the tax on overseas online purchases came about when a well known PITA retailer had a big sook that he was losing sales

TyreseJohn 08-02-2024 07:34 AM

Great news alert! Rockauto is back in action, shipping to Australia again! Heard whispers about some tax bureaucracy, but looks like it's all sorted now.

Got the heads up via email – the car parts joy is real! And speaking of shipping, stumbled upon this link that might be handy for motorcycle lovers https://www.a1autotransport.com/moto...st-calculator/ – because who doesn't love a good shipping calculator?

drover 11-02-2024 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyreseJohn (Post 1695364)
Great news alert! Rockauto is back in action, shipping to Australia again! Heard whispers about some tax bureaucracy, but looks like it's all sorted now.

Got the heads up via email – the car parts joy is real! And speaking of shipping, stumbled upon this link that might be handy for motorcycle lovers https://www.a1autotransport.com/moto...st-calculator/ – because who doesn't love a good shipping calculator?

Got sorted a few years back now thankfully, have had a couple of orders since ....