AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Im Considering a New 2018 Grand Cherokee Laredo Diesel (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153494)

Wodahs 26-07-2018 08:56 PM

Im Considering a New 2018 Grand Cherokee Laredo Diesel

hi

ok first off yes im new here to these forums
second yes ill be new to the jeep range too

due to an ongoing situation with my current vehicle it looks like ill be in the market to change again soon and im currently looking at the MY18 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4*4 diesel in granite crystal to be the replacement as its seeming the best currently to fill what im looking for and also seeming the best priced for its package out there as well

so is there anything I should be looking out for , in to or just plain thinking of in acquiring one of these new ?? or even recommendations to the vehicle

at this stage im thinking along the lines of adding the reese hitch a full ecb bar and the head lamp and bonnet protectors
am thinking of having the 8.4 Uconnect over the 7 more for the looks than the navsat system and the under body skid plate option other than that wasn't thinking at much else but be interested in your thoughts and opinions

thanks

Benn0 27-07-2018 11:33 AM

Not much to think about, they are pretty well sorted and all the bugs seem to be ironed out. If you are doing a bit of offroading you may want to add the offroad pack with the elsd rear diff and air suspension. But the Quadra-trac system is fine for most easy and moderate offroading.

Troutman 27-07-2018 12:19 PM

Yep, agree with that Benn0.

Wodahs 27-07-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benn0 (Post 1637357)
Not much to think about, they are pretty well sorted and all the bugs seem to be ironed out. If you are doing a bit of offroading you may want to add the offroad pack with the elsd rear diff and air suspension. But the Quadra-trac system is fine for most easy and moderate offroading.

may not be utilising it as a 4wd as much as I have with my other 4wd's over the years but did kinda look at them , also thought if it wasn't std with the elsds was std just a plain lsd ?
but that was mainly kind of what I was meaning in my question above what does one not realise doesn't come std or should think of as an option that isn't std
also had already had thoughts that it looks like theres enough room under the spare to fit another tank and if any one did one I may look at fitting one in the future
and the customary thought of the second batt as I have a few ingle's and maybe a rear mount spare (very maybe)

Buffomarinus 27-07-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodahs (Post 1637365)
may not be utilising it as a 4wd as much as I have with my other 4wd's over the years but did kinda look at them , also thought if it wasn't std with the elsds was std just a plain lsd ?
but that was mainly kind of what I was meaning in my question above what does one not realise doesn't come std or should think of as an option that isn't std
also had already had thoughts that it looks like theres enough room under the spare to fit another tank and if any one did one I may look at fitting one in the future
and the customary thought of the second batt as I have a few ingle's and maybe a rear mount spare (very maybe)

Got a long range tank from these guys https://longrangeautomotive.com.au/J...-Auxiliary~274 very happy with it.

Chuck2 28-07-2018 10:48 AM

I you are thinking about the underbody protection you should think about the offroad adventure group which includes;
Underbody protection
Rear locker
Air suspension

I bought a new diesel MY 17 in January with this pack, plus leather, sunroof, sat nav, towbar, tint & a set of BFG AT KO2's in 275 65 18 for approximately $62,500.

Very happy with it.

Wodahs 29-07-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck2 (Post 1637393)
I you are thinking about the underbody protection you should think about the offroad adventure group which includes;
Underbody protection
Rear locker
Air suspension

I bought a new diesel MY 17 in January with this pack, [s]plus leather, sunroof[/s], sat nav, towbar, tint & [s]a set of BFG AT KO2's in 275 65 18[/s] for approximately $62,500.

Very happy with it.

well looking around on the yesterday there seems to only be two MY17's left here in WA and well Melville and VP dealers don't have them and not sure if they will fit the bill with these options
also found out that the 8.4 screen came std in the 17 but is only an option in the MY18
and I was surprised to find out the cd player is not even an option any longer and also that the diff isn't a std lsd if you don't have the elsd
but Melville did give a verbal on a 18 with all these options in the ball park of 67k see how he does and im told him a preference on granite crystal , still can do much till the current vehicle is taken back and payed out by its manufacturer so atleast he has some time to see what he can get

so what are people using as bars for these ive always liked a full bar on my 4wd's and will look again in doing so , so what brand are you guys running how are they , how do the look and all