AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   KJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Airbag light (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156975)

Disco95 02-01-2020 06:14 PM

Airbag light

So,
Does anyone have any ideas as to why my airbag light is on? I had it scanned a while ago and it read "drivers seat bolster" checked all connections. Replaced the seat belt plug. Reset the system, light is still on.
When I turn the ignition on, the dash lights up, all the lights go out, then the airbag light comes back on with a warning chime.

Any ideas? I'm all out.

Cheers,
Sean.

drubie 03-01-2020 08:24 AM

Might be some clues in the wiring diagram perhaps? I don't know much about the KJ airbag system but there will be multiple switches that need to be engaged (i.e. the seat belt you already checked, the seat itself, the connection to the bags).

glend 07-01-2020 02:30 PM

Did you check the connector under the seat? It is pretty easy to snag one of the wires under the seat, or bash the plug when you put something under there.

Disco95 07-01-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glend (Post 1656245)
Did you check the connector under the seat? It is pretty easy to snag one of the wires under the seat, or bash the plug when you put something under there.

Mate, checked all that, I've stepped back to prevent frustration, am going to go over wiring in the next couple of days, see where all the sensors and plugs are and check the whole fricking circuit.

Sean.

glend 11-01-2020 02:23 PM

Do you have a scanner that can reset codes? Many can't, they are just readers. If you are saying you did reset the code and it comes back, then I would consider taking it to an auto electrician or a dealer service centre. Yeah I know, I always say stay away from them, but air bags are dangerous devices to fool around with at home. It couild be one of the bag sensors in the front end, a problem in the airbag wiring harness or plug, etc, in any of these cases you Don't want to fiddle with if. Imho.

Disco95 12-01-2020 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glend (Post 1656376)
Do you have a scanner that can reset codes? Many can't, they are just readers. If you are saying you did reset the code and it comes back, then I would consider taking it to an auto electrician or a dealer service centre. Yeah I know, I always say stay away from them, but air bags are dangerous devices to fool around with at home. It couild be one of the bag sensors in the front end, a problem in the airbag wiring harness or plug, etc, in any of these cases you Don't want to fiddle with if. Imho.

Yep, totally agree, I think that will be my next step.