AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   JK Radiator replacement options (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160594)

humdingerslammer 08-05-2022 12:37 PM

JK Radiator replacement options

So, after 235000km the radiator has sprung a leak. Looks like the plastic reservoir tank.What have people used to replace. OE; Mopar, some other brand.

I did order a Mopar from Quadratec but will b waiting about 6 weeks b4 they get it into their warehouse and another 2-3 weeks to ship. So went with one available from here... not that there r many choices, but it will at least get me on the road to up north about when I had planned instead of waiting 3 more months...

Ordered an OME one from Supercooling delivered via bay for $350... some were cheaper but apparently this is an OEM one... we will c. Replacement form Quadratec (Mopar one ) was $895 delivered with exchange rates and bank charges etc and one from Jeep stealership was $1300. Go figure.

Banshee 12-05-2022 08:38 AM

I got mine from a local supplier, went & picked it up for about that much.

humdingerslammer 12-05-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 1683667)
I got mine from a local supplier, went & picked it up for about that much.

Radiator has arrived from Sydney... Labelled OE Quality... we shall see. Branding on box says TBAB which is an Australian country bu I suspect made in China. Looks exactly the same as pictures of MOPAR radiator.

Getting it fitted next week... could do it myself but my missus says "you know what will happen. It will take three times as long. There will be a lot of swearing and you will stuff it up". Thanks for the vote of confidence, eh?

Banshee 13-05-2022 03:15 PM

I did my own. But the place I got it from gave me a great set of instructions on flushing & refilling to make sure it lasts.

Now I just need to get onto Rockauto for a new water pump gasket... Well, it is a 2008, I guess.

humdingerslammer 13-05-2022 04:37 PM

I could do it myself and piss off the missus but the truth is that sometimes she is right. But also, as I progress in years the arthritis catches up with me when I am doing jobs that need lots of fine finger work and pushing and pulling and using power tools and coping with their torque.

Also not being that tall means that I can't reach in and find things like someone taller, so I am going to bite on this one and let someone else do it... I don't like spending where I don't really have to it but what the heck.....I am retired.

Banshee 14-05-2022 09:14 AM

That's perfectly reasonable!