AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Lost power and a shutter at 2500 rpm (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157497)

07commander 08-04-2020 06:51 PM

Lost power and a shutter at 2500 rpm

Hay guys,

Coming home from work on the freeway i had the dreaded lighting bolt come and i lost power, my blue driver came up with codes
P0234 Turbocharger "A" overboots condition
P0046 Turbocharger "A" circuit range/performance
P2280 Air Flow Restriction/Air leak between air filter and MAF bank 1

Once cleared it the lighting bolt was but when i went to continue on my way it wouldn't go past 2500rpm,so i nursed it home as i was close. After a rescan it came up with
P0471 Exhaust pressure sensor "A" circuit range/performance
P0473 Exhaust pressure sensor "A" circuit high
P0046 same as above

I have not long had the car back on the road after some funny behaviour and a bunch of codes relating to the actuator and EGR, it turned out that the turbo crapped a seal and clogged up the vanes with oil.

any help or input will be appreciated.

TR Laredo 08-04-2020 08:05 PM

The blue driver support section were able to provide me with an American VIN for my 2015 WK2 diesel. This allows me to access the fault code repair database for the most frequently reported repair. Is worth contacting them to explain your vehicles fault codes & ask if they can supply an American VIN to suit your vehicle.

Cheers

07commander 10-04-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR Laredo (Post 1659002)
The blue driver support section were able to provide me with an American VIN for my 2015 WK2 diesel. This allows me to access the fault code repair database for the most frequently reported repair. Is worth contacting them to explain your vehicles fault codes & ask if they can supply an American VIN to suit your vehicle.

Cheers

Cheers TR Laredo i will give that a shot, I'm hoping it's just the boost sensor or exhaust pressure sensor.

TR Laredo 10-04-2020 04:35 PM

The BlueDriver live function allows you to select/record & log up to 5 supported parameters as the vehicle is being driven ie: MAF info, exhaust info, boost pressure. Is worth selecting a few so as to collect some info.

Cheers

07commander 19-04-2020 12:07 PM

so far i have changed the boost sensor, exhaust pressure sensor and turbo actuator to no avail.

Now that you have mentioned it TR laredo i just checked the live recording logs on my blue driver it has RPM, intake pressure, MAF, water temp, Fuel Pressure logging so i compared the current with a old when the car was more than likely running nice.

There was a few inconsistencies in the MAF and Boost but i did notice that between the two one would be accelerating, decelerating or holding rpm.

I disconnected the MAF to see if there was a change (hope it would go into default mode) but it was no different.

I did notice when i changed the actuator that the arm was quite stiff and after pushing up and down for a bit it did free up. My old turbo did this that i changed a few months ago, it done a seal and had oil going through the hot side. The symptoms are similar but a but different and completly different codes.

I pulled the dump pipe off the back of the turbo thinking it might have done the same thing but there was no oil in it.

wal67 05-03-2024 07:53 PM

Any resolution?

Hi 07 Commander

I know this is a long dead post but thought I’d ask if you ever got to the bottom your issue. Mine is doing the same thing and no idea what’s up. It will run fine for a while and then the mil light will come on and I get a squeak / stutter at around 1800 - 2000 under load