AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   2012 WK2: Oil Change Alert not clearing (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161147)

Cahop 13-12-2022 11:25 AM

2012 WK2: Oil Change Alert not clearing

Hi All,

I am unable to clear the "Oil change required" alert on the menu and this has now led to the car through a code of P1D30.

I have tried a thousand different ways to do the turn on, push accelerator 3 times and then turn off. I have tried engine on, engine off, push fast, push slow, do it wearing clothes do it naked........literally tried everything.

I put my OBD2 reader on the pedal and noticed I am only getting to 94.4% throttle when its being mashed into the floor.

OBD2 I have can clear codes, but doesn't register the alert as a code.

Is there another way to clear this code, or alternatively is there a way to recalibrate the accelerator pedal??

Any help is appreciated!

FARWEST 13-12-2022 12:30 PM

Page 177 of Owners Manual...the three pump method doesnt work.

1) Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to the ON/RUN position (Do not start the engine)
2) Fully depress the accelator pedal and keep it fully depressed for at least 30 seconds.
3) Press and release the brake pedal six times while holding the accelarator pedal pressed.
4) Perform one ignition OFF-ON cycle, start the engine and verify that the reminder has been reset.

NOTE:
If the indicator message illuminates when start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If neccessary, repeat this procedure.

Straight from page 177 of Owners Manual . 2012 MY13 3.O Lt CRD.

drover 13-12-2022 01:04 PM

If you do it too fast, Fail, do it too slow Fail, I think we have all had to do it a few times to get it right...

Some bluddy stupid ways to do it ..... and its not the same on all models either......

Liamray 13-12-2022 01:21 PM

Having the same problem, and like CAHOP I have tried all of the above mentioned ways to clear it and nothing works. I’ve tried it slow, fast and medium and nothing seems to work.

Bloody frustrating!

Jeeper6 13-12-2022 02:41 PM

I had a similar issue with the P1D30 code coming up on every read. When I bought the last Jeep the percentage showed 0% and 65,000 k's since oil change.

I zero'd the Oil percentage reader at every oil change, but it still continued to come up for the next 4 oil changes...even after zeroing of the EVIC.

It did go away eventually...after around 8 months and 4 oil changes with zeroing of the percentage reader each time...it never caused me any dramas though.

Cahop 14-12-2022 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FARWEST (Post 1688552)
Page 177 of Owners Manual...the three pump method doesnt work.

1) Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to the ON/RUN position (Do not start the engine)
2) Fully depress the accelator pedal and keep it fully depressed for at least 30 seconds.
3) Press and release the brake pedal six times while holding the accelarator pedal pressed.
4) Perform one ignition OFF-ON cycle, start the engine and verify that the reminder has been reset.

NOTE:
If the indicator message illuminates when start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If neccessary, repeat this procedure.

Straight from page 177 of Owners Manual . 2012 MY13 3.O Lt CRD.

Dammit Farwest I could just give you a cuddle! I did the above this morning and it cleared the oil change reset.
Whacked the OBD2 scanner on and cleared the P1D30 code and its stayed clear.

Thanks for everyones responses, appreciate it!

Liamray if you are also circa 2012 3.0CRD I would give the above process a try!

Liamray 14-12-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahop (Post 1688583)
Dammit Farwest I could just give you a cuddle! I did the above this morning and it cleared the oil change reset.
Whacked the OBD2 scanner on and cleared the P1D30 code and its stayed clear.

Thanks for everyones responses, appreciate it!

Liamray if you are also circa 2012 3.0CRD I would give the above process a try!

Tried that way as well and it did nothing!

I give up, will see if the “Stealer” can clear it, probably charge me a fortune just to do it.