AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Looking for assistance (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150658)

Elephandaki 24-11-2017 07:00 AM

Looking for assistance

Hi all,

I have just got myself into a JK, yay! :mrgreen:

Firstly, first time forum user here. Apologies if I have posted in the wrong location, please let me know and I will rectify it.

I am planning on a few additions such as grill, bonnet, flares, rock sliders and few more. I was to find someone in or around Melbourne that likes to install mods to the Jeep / does this in their spare time perhaps from home to do the works. If anyone does this / is interested, please let me know and we can discuss plans, price etc.

Thanks guys! Happy Jeeping.

Simon

Nanook 24-11-2017 10:53 AM

Do it yourself. All the mods you have listed are very simple to do with basic tool kit. It will save you a lot of money.

There are plenty of "how to's" on this forum and Youtube.

mick666 24-11-2017 03:37 PM

I do most of my own work but I would not touch a strangers car because if something goes wrong later on shit will hit the fan.
If you cant do it yourself Double black or Poly 4x4 in the east or Daniel at Trax in the west gets my vote.

Elephandaki 24-11-2017 08:47 PM

Hi Nanook,

I know I could probably figure these out myself, and obviously Youtube and forums can work you through nearly anything these days. However, I am big believer in doing things you enjoy, and that life is too short to do things you do not enjoy. Unfortunately I do not enjoy doing these kinds of things.

I will give it some thought, but I think I would prefer to have someone else do it.

Elephandaki 24-11-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick666 (Post 1624184)
I do most of my own work but I would not touch a strangers car because if something goes wrong later on shit will hit the fan.
If you cant do it yourself Double black or Poly 4x4 in the east or Daniel at Trax in the west gets my vote.

Hi Mick,

I can't twist your arm? I can't see what could go wrong with these simple mods. Let me know if you would consider it

Nanook 25-11-2017 05:17 AM

One of the joys of owning a Jeep is that they are very easy to mod. There is a lot of pleasure in knowing you did the work yourself.

Maybe join a 4wd club and get to know people who will give you a hand.

Tyvokka 25-11-2017 07:23 AM

A good jeep mate may help you with some stuff but not all. Hence a club to get to know others, it does not happen overnight. (have to contend club politics too...lol)

If you're paying, then DBOR or Poly as was said.

Most Jeepers do it as a hobby therefore their time is occupied by other commitments.

As Mick said, when shit hits the fan, then what?