AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Model Jeep (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Welcome All....79 Renegade owner (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149876)

Billy22Bob 06-09-2017 04:49 PM

Welcome All....79 Renegade owner

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd sign up...not sure where the brag photos go.
Attached photo is a few years ago - car's been in storage ever since.
Looking to get her NSW registered and back on the road.....
327 cheve ??? and T400

Billy22Bob 10-09-2017 03:49 PM

Gave it bath today some more photos

4 Attachment(s)
Gave it bath today and some more photos

Looking to give it fluid change + some new shiny bits + repair the alternator and brake booster.
PS - Hurricane Headers peeking through the galvanised chassis.

Note: the previous post had a photo using the cut off door sunny day setup - whereas this one shows the rag top setup.

Story with the alternator is, I reverse polarised it and it didn't have any protection - so I'm guessing I fried a diode...??
Brake boosters got a hiss when you step on the pedal = maybe rubbers gone....will see.

Any offers for assistance appreciated - South of Sydney NSW

Shafus 12-09-2017 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy22Bob (Post 1619608)
Gave it bath today and some more photos

Looking to give it fluid change + some new shiny bits + repair the alternator and brake booster.
PS - Hurricane Headers peeking through the galvanised chassis.

Note: the previous post had a photo using the cut off door sunny day setup - whereas this one shows the rag top setup.

Story with the alternator is, I reverse polarised it and it didn't have any protection - so I'm guessing I fried a diode...??
Brake boosters got a hiss when you step on the pedal = maybe rubbers gone....will see.

Any offers for assistance appreciated - South of Sydney NSW

Did them steel block used as body lift pass inspection? The exhaust cut into you skid plate must rattle a little. Good looking cj7
If your alternator has gone just get an eBay one, plenty for cheap that will do the job

Billy22Bob 13-09-2017 06:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shafus (Post 1619714)
Did them steel block used as body lift pass inspection?

They were approved in my previous state of QLD - but not yet in NSW.
I was surprised mainly 'cause they're chromed.

Help with alternator model appreciated.
I did notice some chromed ones on ebay, but I'm not sure about the size/connections. Don't want to be changing too many things.

Could be another shiny bit. I'm getting some new rocker covers, air filter and chromed alternator bracket - hmmm....maybe a chromed alternator is a little over the top (wanky).

Shafus 13-09-2017 06:41 PM

I replaced mine with an eBay chrome special, it had good specs and I have had no issues with it and I run a 350 chev with heaps of 12v stuff. You shouldn't have an issue as they are all one wire connection these days.

Billy22Bob 02-01-2018 01:13 PM

So here's what I have....

Doing a bit of searching - its a Delco 10SI
There's one here on fleabay...but its 100Amp.
Any problems with putting one in thats too high in amps?
Reasonable price.

I burnt the old one by incorrectly connecting my battery terminal polarity.
I could possibly pull the old one apart and replace the diode bank - it seems they are readily available....any thoughts? That is of course I didn't fry the windings.
What would be a good protection for this in the future? Later - it would appear I need a fusable link.

b22b

Gildo 18-01-2018 02:39 AM

Definetly need more chrome under the hood, is that a 1piece f/glass front?