AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   R06 recall work suspended. (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144097)

Sockeye 26-05-2016 09:45 AM

R06 recall work suspended.

So I had my vehicle booked for the air bag module replacement recall, dropped the car off in the morning to be informed by the end of the day that Fiat Chrysler suspended the R06 campaign with no specific explanation why.

Anyone has heard anything on the subject?

bleetnblurt 26-05-2016 10:27 AM

I am still waiting to get the recall on the model I just registered , BUT I have the new module here , if they give the reason of "replacement part not in stock" I will then pull out the mopar replacement part and place it on the counter demanding payment due to there too stupid to be able to get the part into the country!
the module removes the use of the front sensors and the stupid filter completely.

Hoobz 26-05-2016 10:34 AM

What a FIAsco:rolleyes:

Vee-Hachi-HO 26-05-2016 12:06 PM

Dropped mine off at the dealer a couple of weeks ago to have the R06 work done.

Only when I picked it up at the end of the day did they explain "umm so this is a two-stage recall process... ah today we confirmed the module type in your car, we don't have it in stock so now we've ordered it in..."

right thanks for telling me that earlier :rolleyes:

Globetrotter 26-05-2016 03:39 PM

I know this is England but I just contacted the dealer who said "OK, it will take 10 days to get the module so we'll book it in for 2 weeks time" So maybe it will go smoothly for me.

Sockeye 30-05-2016 01:51 PM

In my case the module was ordered ahead of time and it was present in the dealership. They did not proceed because of the email they received the day prior. They actually showed me a print out.

It was signed by Australian Warranty Manager and cited "a negative feedback from customers" as the reason for the campaign suspension. I spoke with the customer service some days ago and indeed they confirm the suspension of the replacement campaign, but again, unable to provide the reasons and when the work is to resume.

bleetnblurt 30-05-2016 02:47 PM

well I guess the one I bought can go a loooong way.
not that it is needed as yet as my air bag light is not on.
but when the wiring loom stuffs up and it comes on ill be throwing it in anyway and rid the idea of having front impact sensors in the jeep .
(yes it is part of the reason 2002/3 have issues)
but I wish they would hurry up with the letter so I can phone up and give a reply of BLOWING RASPBERRIES funny how America can get the job done , cant see why Australia cant , might be office is short on COFFEE and chatt time. :)