AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Question Polls (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   cooper stt vs mickeythompson mtz (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84222)

peteym 11-02-2009 07:01 PM

cooper stt vs mickeythompson mtz

OK! so it goes like this im in the market for some new tyres, prolly looking to run 33s. finally managed to narrow it down to these two but really cant decide...any opinions on here that may sway my decision??

JRJ33P 11-02-2009 07:10 PM

i run 33" STT's on mine.

considerably quiet for a mud tyre, mind you, i hear everything else that goes on to, so i probably cant confirm that 100% to you.
pretty grippy on the black top - till it gets wet.
havent really had them tested offroad yet, but the little i have done, they seem to hold on tight.

i got a mate who runs 33" MTZ's on his pootrol and he reckons their pretty quiet as well, grippy on the black top - till it gets wet.
but he did say to me that the STT's definitely have more side bite then the MTZ.

the MTZ's i think have a slightly softer compound then STT, but other then that, i personally think theres not much splitting them. after all, they are made in the same factory.

either way you go with these, i think you've won.

i think for a mud tyre, their both pretty good all round tyres.

Just my 2c worth

hemijeepy 11-02-2009 07:21 PM

MTZ are softer and offer a lot more Grip, i've never had probs with mine in any weather conditions........

STT's are one of cooper's beter tyre's they mass produce but still suffer the same prob's as there other tyres, get too hard to quickly and chip real bad on the tread and wall..

My 0.03c

This thread is gonna be interesting!

peteym 11-02-2009 07:23 PM

sweet!
cheers mate!
the tread on both is pretty similar so i thought they would perform rather similarly. Just thought maybe i could get a heads up on anything else i SHOULD know about either...

thanks again =D

Aaronsjeep 11-02-2009 09:42 PM

im pretty sure M/ts are cheaper. they were when i bought my set in 35s anyway, alot cheaper than coopers..

but yeh, id go for the mickey tompsons if they are still cheaper.
off road, im sure they would be similar.

JRJ33P 12-02-2009 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronsjeep (Post 940636)
im pretty sure M/ts are cheaper. they were when i bought my set in 35s anyway, alot cheaper than coopers..

but yeh, id go for the mickey tompsons if they are still cheaper.
off road, im sure they would be similar.

PeteyM, if you end up deciding on the coopers, pm me and ill give you the details of the place i got mine from real cheap!

Simsy85 12-02-2009 07:38 AM

I run STT's and for the hell I put them through, the chipping in them is reasonable..

Not too pricey either