AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Modifications - Warranty (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82589)

redgp 11-12-2008 09:12 AM

Modifications - Warranty

deleted...

CrazyNuts 11-12-2008 09:19 AM

Hang on a mintue...WHAT THE HELL is going on here?

Where has the whole thread gone?

murray 11-12-2008 09:19 AM

sorry to hear that

davidd 11-12-2008 09:51 AM

steve and tom, re your problem geting your camper-trailer back. jeep assist does not help with trailer, just your vehicle. just rang the RAC here in perth. they have a basic membership which just covers the vehicle. they also have a "classic" membership which i have. it costs about 100 bucks a year from memory, without pulling out the renewal slip. it covers you for full recovery of both your vehicle and trailer or caravan. there are i think still some limitations on distance from closest town, but they will get you back. there is also a top cover that covers you for any vehicle you are driving or are a passenger in. try thir website. jeep assist just gives the basic cover. perhaps for travellers an rac membership for 100 bucks a year may be a good move.

davidd 11-12-2008 09:58 AM

just read the paragraph you mentioned. seems that fitting any mods of any kind void your warranty. would appear that my arb front bar, dual battery system and long range tank void my warranty too, for a number of things. this means anyone on this forum or off it who has mods fitted which are not daimler chrysler products has pretty much voided most of their warranty. just shows how much deep s**t chrysler is in when they start this stuff. but they are within their rights under the law. so quite simply it seems that if you want your warranty don't attach mods or accessories until warranty period is over. we have all been made well and truly aware of this now.

CrazyNuts 11-12-2008 10:03 AM

There go the jeep sales in that case. NO ONE will want to buy a 4WD where they can "legally" modify their vehicle but not unless they void their warranty.

Nissan/Toyota arent' that padentic. I can see the prospective jeep buyers going straight to Toyota/Nissan.

Nice one!!

carvesdodo 11-12-2008 10:14 AM

A sad and sorry situation redgp.

A factory fault ( once diagnosed correctly ) and poor customer service by a manufacturer ... all dodged by fine print ... but typical of most suppliers of most products today.

Its a shame that, all that prestige, history, and offroad capability earnt by a brand over the long term ... has been destroyed by another brand with rights to the first, in a very short time space.

Everybody should remember .... especially non jeep owners ... Jeep is only a logo today - not a vehicle manufacturer ... There are no " Jeep " faults any more and haven't been for a long time. ;)

Good luck in your new vehicle purchase ... The only reason I ended up in a chrysler jeep years ago is because toyota had the audacity to expect me to buy a new 4dr Prado, rather than them have the decency, to make their SWB models available in Aust. Not much choice out there if you have specific needs in a vehicle ... beside throwing a bale of hay on the back or taking the kids to school.