AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIAN JEEP NEWS (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Jeep Australia has now released pricing (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154744)

Buelljeeper 21-01-2019 03:37 PM

I'm with you Nanook. Just checking some ute prices of late - the benz v6 is about 80k, the wildtrack is up there.

I'm seeing roughly 70ish for the Gladdy too, which starts making the landcruiser look good value. And I can't believe I'm saying that.

Freetripper 21-01-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanook (Post 1645113)
When I'm ready to buy again, I think I'll be buying the latest JK model I can and transferring everything over from my current JK.

I was looking at a Gladiator but there is no way it as a dual cab would fit in my garage and looking at those prices they would probably want $70 - $80k and they aren't worth that kind of money.

Yup, spend 25-35k on a low km jku, keep of much as I can off my 2 door to transfer over, spend another 25k getting engineered for 37s with lift and still walk out cheaper then a new Rubicon with a few options. Part out the 2 door to recoup some costs, along with the spare diffs and wheels ripped out for engineering.
It's still not going to stop me from going to check it out at the DBOR JL launch in February.
I want to see for myself if the extra ŕe-engineering is worth the price.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

Nanook 22-01-2019 06:42 AM

Ford are also going to bring out a new Bronco soon which is going to have a retro look. There is no word on whether it will be released here but Ford Aust would be mad not to. If they can keep the pricing down, it should do well.

I'm worried that at the prices Jeep are asking for the JL, it will become less appealing to someone who has never considered a Wrangler before. As mentioned, why spend that kind of money when it will get you a top of the range dual cab Ranger or Merc.

Anyway, it looks like the JK might have a decent resale value after everybody hangs on to them.

eksjay 22-01-2019 12:34 PM

I am sure that FCA will drop the price.

They deliberately start with a high asking price at launch, and then drop the price to get at competitors.

It could be the best way of showing the value in money saved to prospective Jeep owners.

Existing owners like us are not turning the cars over quickly enough.

Bogged 22-01-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanook (Post 1645153)
Ford are also going to bring out a new Bronco soon which is going to have a retro look. There is no word on whether it will be released here but Ford Aust would be mad not to. If they can keep the pricing down, it should do well.

I'm worried that at the prices Jeep are asking for the JL, it will become less appealing to someone who has never considered a Wrangler before. As mentioned, why spend that kind of money when it will get you a top of the range dual cab Ranger or Merc.

Anyway, it looks like the JK might have a decent resale value after everybody hangs on to them.

Well for starters, they both don't offer a solid front axle, which would limit off-roading. I'm keen to see what happens. I'm waiting for the jt to come. Prefer that over the cruiser. That being said, the cruiser does appeal with the v8.

Someone posted a pic of the jt with the service body on the back. I can't for the life of me find it now...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nanook 23-01-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogged (Post 1645170)
Well for starters, they both don't offer a solid front axle, which would limit off-roading.

Someone posted a pic of the jt with the service body on the back. I can't for the life of me find it now...

True, but that doesn't mean much to those that are in the market for a dual cab ute. They just want something that they can throw gear in the back, will go on the beach and the occasional fire trail. Not everybody wants to do the hard stuff so they don't care. IFS is the norm now when it comes to 4WDs, that's not going to change.

That pic you are talking about was doing the rounds on instagram. I believe it was created by one of the moderators from here. Definitely looks better than a tub.

Clarky 23-01-2019 01:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Was it this pic
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...1&d=1548218370
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...1&d=1548218370