AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   LPG Conversions (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58288)

Johnno 19-12-2005 05:55 PM

LPG Conversions

Hi all,

Just thought I'd pose this question. Who among us has done an LPG conversion to their Grand?? Also did it make any difference to power, speed, economy, etc?

Have been thinking of doing this one myself, but have had other more pressing things, like getting the thing up off the ground with new suspension & tyres.

Any takers????

John.

H.G. 19-12-2005 05:56 PM

do a search this subject has popped up a few times recently. Im sure you will find what your looking for.

Johnno 24-12-2005 08:00 AM

Had tried that already, but couldn't find anything. I did find one though after manually searching through the pages. Nobody replied to it, so does that mean no-one has done it?

Just wondering if this is the case still. I'm particularly interested if power dropped noticeably while towing.

OzJeeper 25-12-2005 12:02 AM

Which model Grand? Notthat it matters much.
There is a slight drop in power, but not that much that it will affect towing.
Be prepared for a drop in the amount you pay for fuel. Less than half a regular fill of ULP.
You will run a dual fuel system and it will start on a squirt of petrol first up then to LPG.
Downside is the initial cost of "about" $3100.00 to get it done.

One of the Upsides is you almost double the range in the Jip because you now have about 120 litres of usable fuel on board.

We run the 1996 JZ, 1982 FSJ and the 1995 XJ all on dual fuel.

Hope this helps.

Johnno 26-12-2005 01:09 PM

Thanks for the info OzJeeper.

I had figured on the convert being aroudn the 3g mark, so am not rushing into it, but I think it'll be something for down the line rather than a long range fuel tank.

John.

derfla 02-02-2006 11:18 PM

This may not be allowed on this forum, but if anyone knows or recommends a place that does dual fuel conversions, please PM me...

Thanks,

ALf

nayr10 08-02-2006 06:04 PM

Hi Guys,
First post here. So Sorry to get tech straight away.

Obviously the older Grands can be converted to LPG, But...
I have been trying to find info on converting a WJ 00' grand to LPG (Dual Fuel)
although nobody seems to have much info on this.

Have spoken to a number of Gas fitters and most have said the new OBD2 computer is much more complicated (from '00 owards) and have been quoted $5,500! :sad: by the only place that has experience in fitting this (its an injected system). Should mention that this place was recommended by four of there competitors though, and seem to be the only ones that have converted the newer grands.

Has anybody done this and if so what was the cost , how is the car running power, reliability etc???

Any info would be appreacitted.

Cheers. 8-)