AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   KK Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   ARB Bullbar? Any interest? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104548)

Jezza 23-03-2011 04:08 PM

ARB Bullbar? Any interest?

Hi All,

I've been in contact with ARB about a bullbar for the KK, and they say due to little global demand for a KK bar they have no plans for one at the moment.

With there being no one that supplies a KK bar (Except for ECB - which I wouldnt touch) I would of thought the demand would be high.

Are others interested in a Bar ? (or are ARB right?) If there is interest we need to let them know.

Email Greg Milton at arb and express your interest (sales@arb.com.au) - we also need the U.S. jeepers to do the same as unless the US office gets interest as well its a no-go. US should email sales@arbusa.com and also cc sales@arb.com.au

Anyone members of any US boards - maybe we should post to them as well?

createit 23-03-2011 07:47 PM

Hi jezza, I will send them an email on the address listed. I have been wondering why they cant modify their current design for the bar on the KJ and get that approved as there is only one small change needed on the bracket for the old TJM bar to fit and I cant see why the ARB bar would be any different. I am not sure who we need to speak to in regards to seeing why this is not possible. I would pay tomorrow for the Steel ARB bar to go on my KK.

Update: Email sent and thought I would put in a plea for them to exam looking at whether there is an option to just modify the KJ version slightly for us to use. Will update this thread with my reply:

Hi Greg,

I have been given your details to express my interest in a Bullbar for our model of Jeep Cherokee. Within our community a lot of members have been purchasing up the run out stock of the TJM Aluminium bar for the KJ and are modifying the mounting bracket only slightly by bending back one part of the bracket and are mounting this on seamlessly to the KK. Unfortunately there is now no more stock of the TJM version that I can find and personally I would prefer a steel ARB version. Is there a possibility of investigating what is involved in placing a KJ Bar onto the KK as this will be an instant seller with a range of people on our online forums.

Please read this forum thread that shows the exact process of mounting the TJM bar to our vehicles: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=98644

Is it possible that this could be possible with the ARB bar. I am heading off on a trip to Fraser Island on the first of June and would love to have an ARB bar on my KK by then, that would be my ideal setup for the car.

I look forward to hearing if this is a possibility and am more than happy to use my vehicle as a guinea pig if your dealership in Thomastown in Melbourne was happy to look at the possibility of this happening.

Thanks,
Chris

Aus Patriot 26-03-2011 12:17 AM

Found this one for you guy's.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=56842

lukumus 26-03-2011 05:19 PM

If this guy went into production he would be very popular!!

MtnLuvr 27-03-2011 11:58 PM

MtnLuvr's KK Offroad Bumpers and Sliders

I've been trying since 2008 to get off-road aftermarket companies, especially those that made something for the KJ, to come to market for the KK. It has been very disappointing. Part of my decision to get a KK was based upon the "assumption" that the KK would have aftermarket off-road products come out for it like the KJ had in 2007-2008.

That is part of why I encouraged LOST to start this thread of available KK aftermarket parts/suppliers plus another thread poll (that since got reset) tabulating KK enthusiast on the board.

After extreme frustration and disappointment and with no hope evident of anyone coming out with KK off-road armor, over a year ago I started planning to develop my own. Here's a link to my master thread on LOST of my KK Off-Road Bumpers and Sliders. For a long time, I just listed in my signature working on "classified" projects but late this past fall, felt I needed to divulge my KK off-road armor in development and forthcoming. Page 1 has features and reasons behind certain items and then in the later pages of the post you can see current status. I've currently got the heavy duty off-road bumpers for my personal KK at a powder coating shop and in the next month will be test fitting a second set on a beta teseter. If that all checks out, then I'll be sending out to get competitive bids from local custom steel fabrication companies I've worked with before for them to produce production batches of bumpers. Based upon cost to me (which I'll be paying up front), will determine what I'll sell them for.

I feel your KK off-road pains.............

Jezza 30-03-2011 11:30 PM

Hey Chris,

Thanks for emailing them. I;ve emailed all the jeep clubs around Oz and asked if they can forward to their KK members the details of showing interest, so hopefully we can build up some more interest. - any other ideas?

Does anyone know the legalities of installing a bar in Aus like what MtnLuvr is designing?

VladKK 31-03-2011 09:07 AM

Yep would be good if ARB get these into production. I've sent them an email expressing my interest as well, but not only into the bullbar but a rear swing away arm as well. Lets see how we go.

Cheers Vlad... :D