AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   New WK jeep Grand Cherokee Owner (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104860)

Plak40 06-04-2011 07:08 AM

New WK jeep Grand Cherokee Owner

Hello,

Well hopefully by Tuesday I will be the proud owner of a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with Quadra-lift and the Luxury group package.

I had a white one on order But Jeep tell me it is further delayed now until July/August. Apparently mine is ok because it was ordered way back in February - but those ordered from now will have to wait until September. Others ordering the Quadra-lift package may have to wait until January. This is due to the earthquake in Japan. Some paints for the car and componentry parts for the quadra-lift come from Japan.

So this car is costing me $7,000 more than the white one - I hope it is worth it. It is Mineral Grey in colour with a black interior. It has a sunroof, sat nav, power tailgate, quadra-lift and heated steering wheel (not that we need that in Qld).:D

pmac 06-04-2011 10:15 AM

Congrats mate. Hope that you love it!

So what is the difference compared to the white one that makes it worth $7k more?

Plak40 06-04-2011 10:48 AM

The luxury group package in the grey Jeep. The white one didn't have the extra's.

So the Mineral Grey Jeep has the Sat Nav, Power Tailgate, Heated Steering Wheel and the Panoramic Sunroof.

EXLR8 06-04-2011 10:53 AM

Congrats on the purchase. Did you get the V6 or Hemi?

Also, why is there such a long wait when there appears to be quite a few available (new) on Carsales?

bikemat 06-04-2011 11:39 AM

What about cooled seats? I remember reading they were an option, which model do they come with? Sound worth it in QLD!

superchicken 06-04-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikemat (Post 1179678)
What about cooled seats? I remember reading they were an option, which model do they come with? Sound worth it in QLD!

Overland..

Plak40 06-04-2011 01:19 PM

Thanks fellas. Car is a V6.

There aren't a lot of Limted V6's on Carsales. Not many in Qld either. I am told that the earthquake in Japan will result in a delay to vehicles ordered now particulary vehicles with Quadra-lift. What you see on Carsales is pretty much it. In Brisbane there is one Limited V6 left. I bought the other one. The ads advertising aren't entirely accurate - so I found out. They are just advertising what is in stock - turns out these cars are not in stock at all.