AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   WH 50,000 km Servicing costs (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113776)

chrisk 29-02-2012 07:25 AM

WH 50,000 km Servicing costs

Hi All,
Just wanted to do a little comparison on servicing costs. My WH had it's 50,000km service yesterday. It was done at a my local Jeep dealer and included all the usual bit's & pieces. When I went to pick it up the price quoted was $1274.00 all up parts & labour. I asked for a full break down of the costs and re-negotiated the overall price & finally walked out paying $1024.00. This service included a transmission & transfer case service also. The labour component was $500 and the oils were the next dearest items. I let them know I was unhappy with the prices and told them I felt they were excessive. Funny how they can strip several hundred from the quote if you ark up. Would be better if we got the real cost up front. Your thoughts would be appreciated..

drj33p 29-02-2012 05:19 PM

Mine was $1008 and that was 2 1/2 years ago.

HemiJeep 29-02-2012 05:22 PM

$1100 for mine yep fluids is dear from the 'dealer' proper rip off..

jenkomagic 29-02-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisk (Post 1266519)
Hi All,
Just wanted to do a little comparison on servicing costs. My WH had it's 50,000km service yesterday. It was done at a my local Jeep dealer and included all the usual bit's & pieces. When I went to pick it up the price quoted was $1274.00 all up parts & labour. I asked for a full break down of the costs and re-negotiated the overall price & finally walked out paying $1024.00. This service included a transmission & transfer case service also. The labour component was $500 and the oils were the next dearest items. I let them know I was unhappy with the prices and told them I felt they were excessive. Funny how they can strip several hundred from the quote if you ark up. Would be better if we got the real cost up front. Your thoughts would be appreciated..

I know, it sucks my 2006 Lexus GS430 has never cost me more that $600 with most costing $280 plus I get a loaner IS250, car detailed and chocolates

briteway 29-02-2012 08:32 PM

Still better than the service on my 2 Toyota's 10 years ago at around $1500 each. Learnt many things to do myself since then and saved loads of cash.

What you got for just over $1K is reasonable...IF... besides the transmission and engine oils it included the front and rear diffs + transfer case and coolant.

Bazzab 29-02-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briteway (Post 1266715)

What you got for just over $1K is reasonable...IF... besides the transmission and engine oils it included the front and rear diffs + transfer case and coolant.

Yes..... but are all the parts, oils and fluids really necessary???

Cheers

Bazza B

drover 01-03-2012 05:23 AM

When they charge prices like $52/LT for oil that's why. No way I could pay those prices, I do it all myself and I have the added bonus of knowing it's been done and the bolts are all done up.