AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   JK CRD fan clutch (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113897)

WHHEMI 05-03-2012 09:35 AM

JK CRD fan clutch

My JK has been getting a bit warm lately when towing or with the airco on, I've been searching for answers and lifted the bonnet last night when it got a bit hotter than normal (102c on scan gauge) the engine fan was not turning at all solving my problem. Fan clutch new from jeep $403 plus gst not to bad but 3 weeks from US:wall: Ayone else had this replaced on there CRD. It's an 07 with about 120,000k.

mikalong 05-03-2012 11:13 AM

Hi GreenJk

I have a 2008 CRD with 91000kms on it was starting to get hot when towing the caravan.

Jeep (Albion Brisbane) identified fan clutch and ordered part. Took about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. Had it fitted a week or so ago.

No sure on cost as vehicle is under leaseplan but a copy of repair details / invoice say no charge so they might of replaced it outside of warranty no charge. Will find out next month when leaseplan statement arrives.

Hasn't overheated on the toowoomba range but am yet to test it with the van on.

Michael

RyanG 05-03-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikalong (Post 1267720)
Jeep (Albion Brisbane) identified fan clutch and ordered part. Took about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. Had it fitted a week or so ago.

Michael

Sounds like you have had better luck than me getting part out of Jeep.... not sure if you noticed the Black JKU sitting just inside the roller door to the shop, it mine and has been there for nearly 2 months now waiting on the part.....

davidd 05-03-2012 11:40 AM

mate, i'm not sure about this, but i seem to remember someone telling a while back that there's only a couple of firms who make these fan clutches. it may be possible to go aftermarket. i suggest you drop in to a good workshop and have a talk to them. they may recognise the fan and be able to source one to fit. cheers.

WHHEMI 05-03-2012 11:50 AM

Thanks for the reply's, I have one on the way from jeeepart, should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

mikalong 05-03-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanG (Post 1267722)
Sounds like you have had better luck than me getting part out of Jeep.... not sure if you noticed the Black JKU sitting just inside the roller door to the shop, it mine and has been there for nearly 2 months now waiting on the part.....

Yes I noticed the black JK. Had the bonnet up in the morning with some rags and a tin of something on the grill and in the same position that afternoon. Hope you get it back soon. Be a real bitch not having a vehicle for that long.

Dr Phil 05-03-2012 04:40 PM

does anyone know the part number for the clutch??