AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   "Jeep Thing"!!! Will it ever end?????? Feel free to vent..... (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120450)

anthonygubbin 09-11-2012 01:21 PM

"Jeep Thing"!!! Will it ever end?????? Feel free to vent.....

Like said will I ever get to the stage where I can say the XJ is finished :mad:? I say this because I have recently spent just under 2k and still have another 2k to spend before Christmas. Man I am currently rebuilding a complete front axle. I have had to replace the lower arms and CA mounts, and am going home to pay for a steering damper. Also now because the CA mounts are shorter than stock I have had to buy $17 worth of castor shims to position the diff back to stock position. I bought a D35 Truss which I now have to get picked up and on-sell as I won't need it as a 8.25 is coming before Christmas. I installed an aux tank when the gas went in and did not realise I needed to get an extended rear brake line until it was up on the hoist and the only thing stopping the 3" shocks from full droop was the stock brake line. Now having said that I need to drop the aux tank so I can get to the brake line locking tab on the body. That job was a PITA installing it as I had no one to hold the bolts inside the cabin while I tightend the nuts from underneath. Man it seems soon as I do one thing it creates another prob somewhere else. I have Kings and 30mm spacers up front which are flexy as hell now thay have settled in but the issue is they are illegal in SA and stand out like you know what. So potentially a set of RE 3.5s will go on the shopping list, and they are like in excess of $300. It gets worse IMHO, one week after I order D30 parts for a full rebuild and regear one comes up on AJOR, locker and all in good order with HD brackets for about half of what mine is going to end up costing and the XJ would have had one day off the road instead of three weeks. Man if only knew then what I know now my Jeeping life would be a whole lot easier :).

bruggz351 09-11-2012 03:12 PM

And there is no treatment.....:rolleyes:

"its a JEEP thing"**)

kj69 09-11-2012 03:18 PM

just sell it please(tis my vent)

layback40 09-11-2012 03:21 PM

This should be in the November rant thread !!

junglejuice 09-11-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonygubbin (Post 1331364)
I have Kings and 30mm spacers up front which are flexy as hell now thay have settled in but the issue is they are illegal in SA and stand out like you know what.

Why are the Kings illegal????

Hunno 09-11-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layback40 (Post 1331392)
This should be in the November rant thread !!

Yes Agreed
To Answer your question NO

anthonygubbin 12-11-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglejuice (Post 1331394)
Why are the Kings illegal????

Not the Kings but the spacers. Yes it probably should be in the rant thread but I just thought WTF just start another one :hammer:. "NO" Hunno surely I can stop soon I really want to get another house and shed but the XJ keeps stealing my deposit. :(:(

Regards A