AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   MP3 solution (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121909)

airlock 10-01-2013 01:03 PM

MP3 solution

hey. my 2004 jeep grand cherokee doesn't have an AUX plug only the standard c.d and tape player so i'm looking to resolve this. i picked up a cassette mp3 to go in the tape slot but for some reason the tape player is rejecting it, has any one else had success with this method? I'm wondering if i just got a crappy one. or if there are any other restively inexpensive methods for sorting out mp3 use. I'm ruling out the radio attachment as my experience with these has been that they result in poor sound quality and frequent interruptions.

Dustbowl 10-01-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airlock (Post 1346521)
hey. my 2004 jeep grand cherokee doesn't have an AUX plug only the standard c.d and tape player so i'm looking to resolve this. i picked up a cassette mp3 to go in the tape slot but for some reason the tape player is rejecting it, has any one else had success with this method? I'm wondering if i just got a crappy one. or if there are any other restively inexpensive methods for sorting out mp3 use. I'm ruling out the radio attachment as my experience with these has been that they result in poor sound quality and frequent interruptions.

I've considered one of those, I mean I love my cassette of Bruce springsteen live in 87... but.. well you know...

I have had mates that had theirs work great, and I would have bought one but couldn't justify the expense, and im not that much of a tight arse when it comes to a quality product.

Maybe you're playing the b side :rolleyes:

wes 10-01-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustbowl (Post 1346566)
I've considered one of those, I mean I love my cassette of Bruce springsteen live in 87... but.. well you know...

I have had mates that had theirs work great, and I would have bought one but couldn't justify the expense, and im not that much of a tight arse when it comes to a quality product.

Maybe you're playing the b side :rolleyes:

Mmmm... 'Tunnel of Love' tour :cool:

Tiddy 10-01-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airlock (Post 1346521)

I purchased a Belkin device from JB that plugs into the ciggy lighter, it searches for the best FM freq & locks to that, plus it has a bass boost if you want. Mine was $59, they also have a dearer one includes Bluetooth for your phone, but that one is $150.00, for that you can get a replacement head unit with all that included.

Mine works like a treat, with very good quality sound

tiddy

Turismo07 10-01-2013 04:47 PM

Check this out: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...6&postcount=17

Much better quality sound than a FM transmitter, or heaven forbid the cassette tape mp3 player!!

drover 10-01-2013 04:55 PM

The player actually runs when you put the casette in and if it ejects it means your getting too much drag so need to loosen up the tape rollers in the cassette, I've got one and have encountered the same problem, the player thinks its jammed so bumps it.

Dustbowl 10-01-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 1346567)
Mmmm... 'Tunnel of Love' tour :cool:

Yes!!! :mrgreen:....... Man I feel old :0=