AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   SuperChips Flashpaq for WH Hemi ? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122458)

warod 29-01-2013 09:34 AM

SuperChips Flashpaq for WH Hemi ?

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a DiabloSport inTune 1000 for my 2005 WH GCL Hemi to find that the unit does not support 'export' model Hemis.....
Returned for a refund.

(Superchips reckoned that their tuning did not support the export models either because of the long list of miscellaneous calibrations with the export WH).
I noticed that several AusJeep forum guys are using SuperChips Flashpaqs with their WH Hemis.....any issues ?

JamesLaugesen 29-01-2013 10:44 AM

I use a Flashpaq regularly to switch tyre sizes and tuning (for towing vs touring.), and just mucking around sometimes.
Never had any problems.
Error codes are picked up & cleared, tyre sizes set correctly, the different tunes do change the engine/trans behaviour as-per the descriptions, and the diagnostics all set to get accurate values.

The only "tricks" (if you could call it that.) is just using correct units for things, and factoring for the US vs AU Octane ratings.

warod 29-01-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesLaugesen (Post 1351934)
I use a Flashpaq regularly to switch tyre sizes and tuning (for towing vs touring.), and just mucking around sometimes.
Never had any problems.
Error codes are picked up & cleared, tyre sizes set correctly, the different tunes do change the engine/trans behaviour as-per the descriptions, and the diagnostics all set to get accurate values.

The only "tricks" (if you could call it that.) is just using correct units for things, and factoring for the US vs AU Octane ratings.

Thanks James,

I didn't wish to fall into the same trap as I did with the kokheads @ Diablosport.
At least the guys at Superchips are being cautious ?

Looks like I will order one....which particular model to you have mate ?
Thanks,
Rod

briteway 19-02-2013 05:18 PM

Hi Warod, I don't know how I missed this thread. I've had SC for a very long time now and am very happy with it. It saved me a lot of money only with reading codes (this is before we had any apps for phones back then) but it also let me calibrate the tyres correctly and install different performance tunes.

I'm not sure if you got one by now but I'd strongly recommend getting the current app version. You have to purchase the plug/wire and the receiver/transmitter at around $400+ and download an Android app for you phone (free), that's if you use Android, and off you go. The Flashpaq looks and display are a bit outdated.

You won't need any tranny mods if you get this and you'll notice the difference immediately, even on 87 performance tune, which I find as a good balance between fuel economy and performance.

Let us know.

JamesLaugesen 20-02-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warod (Post 1351965)
Thanks James,

I didn't wish to fall into the same trap as I did with the kokheads @ Diablosport.
At least the guys at Superchips are being cautious ?

Looks like I will order one....which particular model to you have mate ?
Thanks,
Rod

Sorry mate I missed this.
I've got the "old" one, the Flashpaq 3875, just plugs straight into the ODBII.

If the new app-based one has more features, I'd go for that.
Otherwise I'm a fan of stand-alone things like this... less to go wrong when on a trip.

Gojeep 20-02-2013 04:56 PM

Glad to hear there is a tuner we can use. Latest model with apps wouldn't suit me as don't own a mobile phone that can run them! I am such a Luddite as don't carry one either. ;)

briteway 21-02-2013 01:41 PM

GoJeep, if you're after the good ole flashpaq, there's one for sale today here on AJOR. It's in Brisbane. Much cheaper than what I paid for mine a long time ago.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2