AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   '13 WK "boot open" light won't go off (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129081)

Studgun 02-11-2013 03:02 PM

'13 WK "boot open" light won't go off

My Grand thinks its boot is open all the time, particularly when it's hot (which is always in the Territory). This means having the cluster brightness all the way down so the interior lights aren't constantly on, and I can't raise or lower the air suspension, not to mention the big red light on the dash. Rather annoying.
Anyone know where the sensor is and if it can be easily adjusted? Would take it to the dealer to fix but the nearest dealership is 500 km away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NTRubicon 02-11-2013 03:27 PM

Did a bit of searching for you. Found some info that talks about the sensor being inside the latch area, and you would need to remove the cover to access it. If you disconnect the sensor, it will stop saying the door is ajar, but the key fob will no longer lock/unlock the tailgate.

(Info I could find, related to an older model Grand, but how often does Jeep change their ways?)
"You will need to remove the trim on the liftgate. You then remove the switch from the latch. There is a sensor for the glass window and the hatch. In both cases the sensor is located in the latch and held in by a single screw. The sensor has a plastic center that is crimped into the metal housing. The crimped edge gets loose after lots of use and lets the plastic portion work it's way out partially. You need to push the plastic part back in and take a pair of pliers and crimp the edge tight. If done right the white plastic plunger in the center of the sensor should be sticking out about 1/4 of an inch. Reinstall the sensor and close the door to test before putting the trim back. This will save you about $25.00 for a new part from Chrysler."

If you have the power assist door, I could only find information that advises to take it to the dealer.

Perhaps the corrugations have altered the door hinge position slightly. Prados in the NT with the side opening (heavy) doors can suffer hinge misalignment after one trip up the Tanami or Sandover. Doesn't happen as much in the Cruisers and Troopies because they are not as heavy

Studgun 02-11-2013 03:46 PM

Thanks for the help. I did a search myself but I can never find what I'm looking for on Tapatalk.

I am famously uncoordinated and that sounds pretty fiddly. Might just have to wait until I go to Alice next. It's still in warranty, and Centralian have already fixed things under warranty that I broke myself, so I should be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk