AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Which Wrangler should I buy ?? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131142)

Welshy89 11-02-2014 09:55 AM

Which Wrangler should I buy ??

Hi I'm looking for a 2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I just wanted to get a feel for any known issues ? we arent sure what we ware getting yet in terms of Diesel or Petrol (any tips would be great) Also Manual or Auto....we will be using this for 4 Wheel driving and will do some mods in the future. I have heard about them overheating but not sure if this is true ?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks !;)

Hotdognz 11-02-2014 11:11 AM

Desiel or petrol I guess that depends on use, but get an auto would be my recommendation, easier off road.

TheoB 11-02-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy89 (Post 1447003)
Hi I'm looking for a 2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I just wanted to get a feel for any known issues ? we arent sure what we ware getting yet in terms of Diesel or Petrol (any tips would be great) Also Manual or Auto....we will be using this for 4 Wheel driving and will do some mods in the future. I have heard about them overheating but not sure if this is true ?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks !;)

oh-oh here come the barrage of opinions....:cool:

anthony1 11-02-2014 12:13 PM

Get a black one.

Hope that helps.

TheoB 11-02-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony1 (Post 1447033)
Get a black one.

Hope that helps.

they're like bums.... everyone has one

Will239 11-02-2014 01:04 PM

auto with the diesel, manual with the petrol.

The diesel is known to burn out geabox clutches with the manual and from what ive heard the auto is a lot better with it. The 42RLE auto that came with the petrol is badly geared for bigger tyres and offroading. You also get two extra gears to play with if you go the manual NSG370 with the petrol.

Diesel auto would be my choice for an older JK as the 3.8's are fairly underpowered.

glend 11-02-2014 01:10 PM

Re: Which Wrangler should I buy ??

While I am a fan of the diesel, my son has a 2008 CRD with no issues at all, and I have that engine in my KJ - don't buy a diesel unless you are a diesel person. Meaning a diesel can be destroyed by petrol owners who don't know, or take the trouble to learn, how diesel engine return good economy and last a long time. If your a hoon buy the petrol you'll only be disappointed in the diesel.