AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   2.7crd High and Low pressure pumps needed asap (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135161)

12V 4X4 Overland 01-09-2014 07:24 PM

2.7crd High and Low pressure pumps needed asap

Hi all, I need high and low pressure pumps for my 2.7 crd and need them quick abd as cheap as possible.

Any leads?

fester 01-09-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12V 4X4 Overland (Post 1489587)
Hi all, I need high and low pressure pumps for my 2.7 crd and need them quick abd as cheap as possible.

Any leads?

Try any Bosch diesel service agent. Same parts in MB cars and Sprinter vans

Mercedes spare parts are nearly always cheaper than Jeep.

MB Spares in Canberra are a well priced source for Merc parts but no guarantee the bigger ticket items are necessarily held in stock.

Otherwise there are several overseas online traders that are cheaper usually than you can get here but obviously not necessarily super quick depending on their shipping practices.

There is a "sticky" thread in the top section of threads on the first page of this forum for 2.7 owners. it would pay to have a read through that as there is a wealth of info on this engine located there in a nice compact place for everyone to read.

What has happened that you require both pumps replaced at the same time and now. Very uncommon and the pumps are normally quite robust. You can get rebuild kits too by the way depending on how bad and what is wrong. (New is usually better though)

12V 4X4 Overland 01-09-2014 07:55 PM

Mechanic has pulled them off and replaced o rings and said there is metal in them, he advised replacing both

fester 01-09-2014 09:38 PM

What was the symptoms or incident that triggered him to pull them both off now.

drover 01-09-2014 09:39 PM

Bosch Service Centre, usually have them on the shelf, safer than ebay. Walk in with old ones walk out with new ones.

bodgie 02-09-2014 09:45 PM

Mercedes is pretty good pricing on the high pressure pump when I replaced mine. Wouldn't hurt to check there if the local Bosch guys can't help.

Jason

12V 4X4 Overland 06-09-2014 09:45 PM

He pulled them off because I had low fuel pressure.
Jeep wanted 1700 hp and 820 lp
Mercedes wanted 920 hp refurbished and 805 lp
Got second hand for 380 hp and 220 lp

Did get a price for brand new hp from mercedes 1500, so when cash permits ill get a new one

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app