AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chitchat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Thinking of trying the online dating thing for a third time round (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135984)

anthonygubbin 17-10-2014 09:01 PM

Thinking of trying the online dating thing for a third time round

Starting to get a bit lonely out my place after being there 20 months on my own. Its been nearly four years since the wife left so I am thinking of trying the online thing again. Hasn't worked the last three times I tried it over the 2.5years.

I gave it up 12 months ago but am thinking of trying again. I would agree and say yes the conventional method of meeting chicks is the go. But with a population of less than 120 people where I live the pickins are slim..... Not to mention there are no single women around my age regardless.

And all up there is maybe three in the town who are just a few years older than me and attached...... I have my shed but won't up and move as its all I own now and I have worked my arse off over the last 18months to get my own man cave back after I lost my last one in the separation. Anyone else willing to say they have given it a go......

I'm putting it out there as I don't really GAF anymore if people pay me out for trying the online thing.....:lol: I know its not the old school way especially for a bloke who grew up without even owning a computer but TBH, I can't see many other options.

Regards A

bruggz351 17-10-2014 09:19 PM

Spit n polish Anth....:p

Seriously... Man, I have no idea. I knew a lady from ukraine whom is a "internet bride". Nice person. Wicked accent.

What sorta woman ya lookin for man? She'd have to be pretty special, to like livin in the boonies and jeepin.

MattB 17-10-2014 09:47 PM

I have several family members who got married from meeting online. Just remember, just like pub anything you here online you have to take with a grain of salt. Wish you all the best i personally believe even with all the messy break ups out there and bridezillas there is a match for every person. Wish you all the best mate.

Fruju 17-10-2014 10:14 PM

"You look different from your profile picture, how old were you when that was taken?"

I wish you all the best AG and hope you have some luck this time. You may have to cast further, like OS, this time.

4wd man 17-10-2014 10:27 PM

Give it a go mate. I know of quite a few people who've met through the online thing and it worked out for them. Like you said, there aren't many other options out there to meet people the old fashioned way especially if you live in a small place.

chris0375 17-10-2014 10:35 PM

Order yourself a bride? Plenty of women looking for citizenship. Online is the way to go especially in a small town.

anthonygubbin 17-10-2014 11:44 PM

Signed up for Plenty of Fish. Still trying to work out how to use the site. :hammer: I think I will stay clear of the Russian brides they often claim domestic violence soon after they arrive so they can leave the partner but get a permanent resident visa. Besides I am technically still married. Ex just hasn't done her part even though I paid my half of the divorce fees.:confused:

Regards A