AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Geometry questions (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142213)

Roofy 30-12-2015 09:04 AM

Geometry questions

Rubi 2door 2010 with about 60k on it, suspension was getting pretty crappy, lots of rocking and nose diving. So I swapped it out for pretty much new JKU suspension and a spacer in the front. The intention is to handle the additional weight better. I don't care too much about lifting it. I gave it a test drive and it's driving a lot better than it was so mission accomplished.

Now, the shop I bought it off recommended doing
1) front control arm geometry correction brackets
2) rear sway bar drop bracket
3) rear track bar relocation

After installing the springs, spacer and shocks, the front is up 1.5 inches up on stock The rear is 1 inch up on stock.

So, I don't think it's worth doing geometry correction when it's barely up on stock height.

Can anyone offer advice / thoughts on this?

samft 30-12-2015 11:11 AM

If you are happy with it then it's fine, running a 1 inch lift isn't going to damage anything.

Drop brackets might give a more smooth ride due to reducing the angle of the control arms, but you will also loose some clearance and it's just one more thing to rattle loose.

I thought track bar relocation was only recommended at ~3 inch lift.

I'd say leave it as is if you have no plans to lift it further.

The walrus 30-12-2015 11:57 AM

At those hights no need for any of it
Most 2.5 kits doesnt come with front control arm drop brackets or adjustable arms or the rear swaybar drop brackets

If you do fit this gear the only real difference you would notice is it is easier to get in your Jeep as your wallet is lighter

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

Roofy 30-12-2015 12:02 PM

Thanks guys. That confirms what I was thinking then.

I got talked into those parts by the guy in the shop, will take them back then.

wranglertj 30-12-2015 01:02 PM

Yeah for one inch it will not change anything dramatically. Even 2 inches is considered acceptable without changing much else. As said if it drives and feels fine then leave it and u can always do it done the track if need be

snowing 30-12-2015 05:31 PM

Yours is more like a 1" levelling setup now. Neither of those items are needed or will give you dramatic improvements as you are not far from stock geometry anyway. Save a few bucks for something else.

SeaComms 30-12-2015 05:35 PM

When you say the front is up 1.5 in on stock is that up 1.5 from where yours was? I have all the stock figures for wheel centre to lowest lip of guard if you want to check. Basically under 2.5 in none of those parts are needed as everyone else has said. Even at 2.5 most are optional.