AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 with steel bull bar, QL and bigger tire (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143681)

thanwintun 27-04-2016 10:26 PM

WK2 with steel bull bar, QL and bigger tire

Hi to everyone,

This is my very first post and please understand if i am a bit of strange.

I have a Laredo 2014 diesel with Quadralift and ORA2. I just bought an arb bull bar (haven't fitted yet) Thinking to change the tyres as well as my stock michellins wear out. I want a bit of bigger tire. I have seen on this forum, Jeep garage, Jeep fourms, that people have fitted 275/65r18 (32.1 OD), 265/65R18 (31.6 OD). Some got steel springs lifted, some got just oem rim/ suspension and no mod at all.
But I have never seen the same situation as mine, 80kg bar at the front and Quadra lift, can i use those two sizes of tires without rubbing at all QL heights?.
I do some offroad and plan to do a bit more in the future like beach and corrugated gravel. a little bit of rock crawling. What do you guys reckon, Will those size of tires be trouble free? or more trouble than benefits. Should i stay with stock size 265/60R18 all terrain? If there is risk of rubbing in some situation, I rather stay with stock size.
Thanks in advance

GMEMUD 30-04-2016 09:49 PM

I run the 265/65/18 all-terrain with QL and do not have any issues at all. I do not have a bar on the front but have a 3.3 tonne van to tow with WDH, done a fair bit of off road and no rubbing at all. The auto levelling should take care of the weight of the bar anyway.

GC_Fan 22-05-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMEMUD (Post 1575890)
I run the 265/65/18 all-terrain with QL and do not have any issues at all. I do not have a bar on the front but have a 3.3 tonne van to tow with WDH, done a fair bit of off road and no rubbing at all. The auto levelling should take care of the weight of the bar anyway.

Do you know if this would have any drastic affects on the longevity of the air suspension?

@Thanwintun - Did you fit the bar/tyres? If so which tyres did you choose - I am looking to do this as well. Any photos?

Benn0 23-05-2016 10:01 AM

I think some who have 275/65R18s and the ARB bar needed to do a bit of trimming to prevent rubbing. Nothing drastic.

GMEMUD 23-05-2016 12:41 PM

As long as your GVM does not exceed the max allowable it should not affect the life of air suspension.

GC_Fan 23-05-2016 09:07 PM

Thanks guys

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Gopher 57 07-06-2016 09:56 PM

Hi, this is my first post as well. Not too familiar with forums or computers for that matter :) Having said that, I have a 2013 GC Laredo Diesel with a 40mm Dobinson coil lift and have just slotted on a set of 285 /60 18s nitto terra grapplers G2s....fit perfectly. Slight little trim on the rear end of the of inside guards (whatever it's called??) Beautiful. No rubs...nothing! Gopher 57