AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Best place to get a radiator? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146868)

pete 56 17-12-2016 09:44 PM

Best place to get a radiator?

Hey guys looks like I'm up for a new radiator.
Any recommendations on the best place to buy one?
Do people just get a replacement or do you upgrade to something better?
I'm in the Blue Mountains, thanks...

eksjay 17-12-2016 10:31 PM

Get a genuine Mopar. Avoid Adrads. I swapped two Adrads under warranty for Mopar in 2016. Just got fed up with leaks.

Mopars will outlast most other products and give you peace of mind.

XJ Cherokee, but the same principles apply to JKs

eksjay 17-12-2016 10:36 PM

I got my Adrads done in Sydney, they both failed in less than half of warranty period, and I decided to cut my losses. I then I bought my Mopar from Suttons parts, and had it installed by Joe Mechanic up the road. No regrets.

Banshee 18-12-2016 06:22 AM

I got mine from Natrad in Richmiond. About half the price, from memory, compared to the stealer. I also replaced the upper & lower hoses, due to the upper having a bit of a bulge. They were about 8 years old as well.

The stealer didn't even HAVE lower hoses!

pete 56 18-12-2016 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 1599039)
I got mine from Natrad in Richmiond. About half the price, from memory, compared to the stealer. I also replaced the upper & lower hoses, due to the upper having a bit of a bulge. They were about 8 years old as well.

The stealer didn't even HAVE lower hoses!

Banshee what brand of radiator did you get fitted at Natrad or is it their own brand? Thanks pete...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banshee 19-12-2016 08:11 AM

Unfortunately, I can't see it on there and the recept just says radiator, no brand.

I can tell you that it is the stock design, I think it was Japanese made and cost me $313 (supplied, I fitted it myself) in June 2015.

I think I got the hoses from Bursons or Repco.

And none have given me any issues in the last 18 months.

pete 56 19-12-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 1599128)
Unfortunately, I can't see it on there and the recept just says radiator, no brand.

I can tell you that it is the stock design, I think it was Japanese made and cost me $313 (supplied, I fitted it myself) in June 2015.

I think I got the hoses from Bursons or Repco.

And none have given me any issues in the last 18 months.

Thanks for all the info am about to give them a call...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk