AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   A bit of a quandry (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153645)

KJ RIDER 17-08-2018 02:11 PM

A bit of a quandry

So its been a while and the car has been behaving itself but someone forgot to tell that to the local wildlife, namely kangaroos...so one decided to head butt the front of the Jeep resulting in many damaged plastic bits and luckily nothing else, so I bit the bullet and put on a bullbar. This was the best option moving forward to help with any future head butts and it fixed the broken factory plastic bits also by doing away with them all together. Now the front has sagged 15 mm which I expected and last service revealed I have a weepy front strut, so what to do.

I want to retain/regain factory heights so not looking for an actual all over lift so I was thinking Murchison top plates but that wont fix the weepy strut, so question is how to re gain factory heights and fix the front strut issue at the same time without going to a full blown all round lift.

Obviously factory jeep parts will require me selling one kidney and my house

Thanks in advance:cool:

timsarg 17-08-2018 03:30 PM

you will need stiffer springs in the front. what bar did you get ?

My suggestion is new struts and stiffer springs

thommo18 17-08-2018 04:13 PM

I had the same problem after fitting ARB bullbar. New springs & struts fixed the sag!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

KJ RIDER 17-08-2018 06:32 PM

I ended up getting the TJM T3 Explorer bar. ARB was to dear albeit it was a full bar not just the bumper and centre loop and Ironman had no recovery points.

The front height before the bar went on was approx 830 mm so I will need an aftermarket set up that will bring it back to that standard height so a 15 mm lift there abouts. Will new struts and stiffer springs do that for me. Im guessing Dobinsons would be a popular choice

thommo18 17-08-2018 06:36 PM

Whoever you get to do it will take measurements & get springs to suit.

KJ RIDER 17-08-2018 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks thommo18, now to search for a brand I spose.

thommo18 17-08-2018 06:56 PM

I went with Oldman Emu if that helps :)