AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Model Jeep (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Chasing some info on a 1967 CJ6 utility (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156170)

NathanP 04-08-2019 08:46 PM

Chasing some info on a 1967 CJ6 utility

I have a 1967 Willy’s Jeep CJ6 trayback ute with a factory 170 Ford motor. Serial number CJ6110WB1001, engine number C9577. Were these imported from the states and converted in Brisbane, and how many of these were produced? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

layback40 05-08-2019 10:38 AM

I had a jeep of that era back in about 1978 ~79 .
It was an ex Victorian Forests Commission one.
It had a removable hard top on it. 3 spd & high/low.
Previous owner, who was the son of the forest ranger had painted it blue with a white top.
Was a great 4X4. I met the ranger by chance in the bush behind Aries Inlet on the Great Ocean road in Victoria. Found out a bit about it.
It still had the Forest Commission sticker on the back window. The Forest Commission had used it in the Victorian High country for a number of years.
I eventually sold it to a bloke in Melbourne who was going to lift the top off it for summer & fit big wheels & all that bling.
Probably not the one you have but it may give you some ideas to research about yours. The Forests Commission in Victoria had a few of them.
It was a very capable 4X4.

NathanP 05-08-2019 07:53 PM

Cheers mate. I know the history of it. It belonged to a neighbours father from new. Was parked in the shed because it was running rough, and they bought another ute. I have most of the original paperwork. I just can’t seem to find any images on the internet. It is a single cab, fibreglass roof, with original flat tray on the back.

MMKNOT 05-08-2019 10:08 PM

Try willys aust face book page you mite have more luck there

NathanP 11-08-2019 08:06 PM

Cheers MMKNOT. Will do

VooDoo2 17-09-2022 03:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanP (Post 1652035)
I have a 1967 Willy’s Jeep CJ6 trayback ute with a factory 170 Ford motor. Serial number CJ6110WB1001, engine number C9577. Were these imported from the states and converted in Brisbane, and how many of these were produced? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Parts imported (what they could get) and in many cases, parts substituted for other stuff as was needed. Some VERY weird cars came out of the factory on Evans Rd, Made in Salisbury Brisbane back then.Likey a Combat6