AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Grocery Hooks-factory or after market available? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157906)

FamilyTruckster 28-06-2020 08:59 AM

Grocery Hooks-factory or after market available?

Hi all, I’m after some of those small plastic grocery hooks for the back, the small ones that you only can hang shopping bags from. Does anyone know of a place that sells them in Australia? I’ve had a quick look, and I can only find US stores. That’s fine, but postage costs are ridiculous. Not something I need straight away, but would be handy. Also, are there any after market ones that anyone has heard of that are stronger? The factory ones are pretty flimsy. Thanks.

Mudguard 28-06-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers13 (Post 1662189)
Hi all, I’m after some of those small plastic grocery hooks for the back, the small ones that you only can hang shopping bags from. Does anyone know of a place that sells them in Australia? I’ve had a quick look, and I can only find US stores. That’s fine, but postage costs are ridiculous. Not something I need straight away, but would be handy. Also, are there any after market ones that anyone has heard of that are stronger? The factory ones are pretty flimsy. Thanks.

I,ve always gone to "pick & part" wreckers heaps of styles to choose from, one item I've found handy are the seat belt anchors

drover 28-06-2020 10:02 AM

Pardon my dumbness but what are grocery hooks in regards to the back of a vehicle ?????????????????????

Is it because I know them by another name ?? .... Just curious.

FamilyTruckster 28-06-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1662197)
Pardon my dumbness but what are grocery hooks in regards to the back of a vehicle ?????????????????????

Is it because I know them by another name ?? .... Just curious.

They’re those little clips/hooks that are in the back cargo area on the sides where you can hang the handles on your shopping bags. Not the strongest things, but are handy (when they’re not broken).

drover 28-06-2020 10:45 AM

Just between you and me, I wondered what they were for...lol,lol,lol....

SouthernComfort 29-06-2020 08:13 AM

My last Land Rover had factory fitted 'çurry' hooks (maybe only one hook, can't remember) positioned low down on the passenger side kick panel. Brilliant idea, avoids your interior being decorated with your take away when picking it up on your own. Maybe have a look at some LR wreckers?

Jonny Jeep 29-06-2020 08:15 PM

My TJ has a curry hook at the side of the passenger foot well, it's marked 2H-4H-N-4L.