AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Rear Schocker 2015 Overland (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160912)

Surnturf 31-08-2022 11:34 AM

Rear Schocker 2015 Overland

1 Attachment(s)
I have a rear shocker on my JGC 2015 Overland that is making a knocking noise,I will replace both rears but when I pulled it out I checked the part number on Rock Autos site it doesnt come up

Anybody know which part number it should be as the original is 68231879AB
as per the photo but not on the website ? Thanks......

drover 31-08-2022 01:08 PM

Thats an interesting number nothing in any cat for JGC BUT I did find it mentioned for a Compass..... maybe it got changed once and close enough was good enough ??

I would replace with a listing that matches your vehicle which after a look is difficult as I can't determine which code matches the Export model with Quadra Lift, lots of part numbers upgraded as high as AF I saw though none close to your part number and a few versions........... I think I would find another Overlander and have a squiz to see what they have....

OLMATE 31-08-2022 02:39 PM

Before you go to the expense of replacing them, check out the top mounts first otherwise you'll end up with new shocks and the same knocking

TR Laredo 31-08-2022 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surnturf (Post 1686631)
I have a rear shocker on my JGC 2015 Overland that is making a knocking noise,I will replace both rears but when I pulled it out I checked the part number on Rock Autos site it doesnt come up

Anybody know which part number it should be as the original is 68231879AB
as per the photo but not on the website ? Thanks......

For info my Jan 15 build Laredo with quadralift has the same part # (68231879AB) on its rear shocks (original fit from new)

Cheers

drover 31-08-2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR Laredo (Post 1686642)
For info my Jan 15 build Laredo with quadralift has the same part # (68231879AB) on its rear shocks (original fit from new)

Cheers

That is so interesting, I wonder why it doesn't appear anywhere could be just an Export model number, as Exports had upgraded suspension, if the part got a revision to another number it usually shows as discontinued with the new number..... some more research needed I imagine...

Surnturf 31-08-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLMATE (Post 1686640)
Before you go to the expense of replacing them, check out the top mounts first otherwise you'll end up with new shocks and the same knocking

Thanks for the info, What would I be looking for ? The actual steel mount or the rubber bushings ?

OLMATE 31-08-2022 05:23 PM

I wonder if they were std fitment on 4x2 models, where as the 4x4 with 3500kg towing capacity had the Nivomats