AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Dog in car / alarm (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161512)

brianvicki 22-05-2023 05:04 PM

Dog in car / alarm

So yesterday we went to the shops, with the dog in the car, very cool day and all windows wound down…. Question is… if we locked the car, would our border collie trip the internal alarm in our 2014 go Ltd…

LeCheese 22-05-2023 05:18 PM

I believe if you open the door, press the 'lock door' button on arm rest near the window switch as you're getting out, and then close the door behind you it won't activate the alarm.

Just make sure you take the key with you though!

drover 22-05-2023 05:47 PM

If the red light is flashing on the dash then yes the dog could set it off..

brianvicki 22-05-2023 05:48 PM

I haven’t noticed a flashin red light on the dash, will look for it tonight

drover 23-05-2023 12:17 PM

The Red light flashing in the tacho display shows the security bit is armed ... I suppose the best way to check is try it out .... I do know if its all locked up and you walk up and open the back door, if you try to climb over the back seat the alarm will go off... one of the grandkids did that when we were throwing the shopping in the back, he wanted to get to the seat before his sister but we hadn't disarmed anything..

FARWEST 23-05-2023 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1691836)
The Red light flashing in the tacho display shows the security bit is armed ... I suppose the best way to check is try it out .... I do know if its all locked up and you walk up and open the back door, if you try to climb over the back seat the alarm will go off... one of the grandkids did that when we were throwing the shopping in the back, he wanted to get to the seat before his sister but we hadn't disarmed anything..

Mate that surprises me that you had unlocked the car...opened the rear cargo door...which I would have thought would disarm the alarm ???....not physically opening the door...but using the fob to unlock it....any input out there ???

LeCheese 23-05-2023 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FARWEST (Post 1691837)
Mate that surprises me that you had unlocked the car...opened the rear cargo door...which I would have thought would disarm the alarm ???....not physically opening the door...but using the fob to unlock it....any input out there ???

I believe I've noticed that opening the boot with a double click on the fob doesn't seem to unlock the other doors, so may not disable the alarm.

I believe opening the boot using the latch does unlock the doors too though.

Possibly to prevent any nastiness of the boot is accidentally opened using the fob? (e.g. sitting on it)