AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wheres the best spots to drive? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   NSW, Yalwal (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56098)

Devilish 08-08-2005 02:04 PM

NSW, Yalwal

1 Attachment(s)
Turn left 1 roundabout before Nowra macca's, sign reads Yalwal / Morton National Park, stay on this road, turns into dirt approx 4kms in, you will reach a fork intersection with a sign to the left reading Danjeera Dam / Yalwal Mining Grounds, take this left turn and that's it, approx 30km of gravel road b4 you reach campsites, truly awesum spot....

Those are the directions some friends gave me for a place called Yalwal near nowra

Has anybody ever been??

Here's a still shot from a their video camera of a surf on a hill climb

resident e 09-08-2005 12:50 AM

mate, iv herd of it and been meaning to get there. people i now have said good thing about it.one day ill get there.
maybe you should put a thing up in the trip forum to see u could get a crue together for the weekend.

Nigel 09-08-2005 01:15 PM

Great place to drive, has everything but alas is now gated and locked late last year.....

Devilish 09-08-2005 06:56 PM

my friends drove their on the weekend and entered from the camping grounds and they said that they never saw any gates?

sjy 25-08-2005 09:53 PM

Some sections have been locked , however there is still alot open

Gordo 25-08-2005 10:12 PM

Great spot -went there earlier this year. You can get in/out with a 2wd with a right boot or awd car.

Top camping spot on a well-groomed area, close to a flowing river, lots of shade and hysteric sites close by to check out.

Yalwal caves parking spot is also within a 10 min easy drive then 1.5hr bushwalk. Take a headtorch !

Some old bloke was swanning around with a metal detector finding old pickheads so if that's what your into there's plenty of that too :)

I managed to bust a front axle on the way out of the camping area but that's another story ;)

Have gps coords of caves, carpark and he camping area we used for any1 that needs em.

drover 25-10-2005 09:02 PM

Back in the days before Greenies and those types closed off heaps of places Yalwal was the stepping off place to some really serious 4WD country in Morton National Park, as a member of Shoalhaven FWD Club we had many a good trip in the area, you could follow Yalwal Creek down to the Shoalhaven River and come out way on the North side of Nowra. Duea National Park out back of Moruya/ Batemans Bay is a great area.