AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Jk Wrangler - Information (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66062)

Fletch 16-02-2007 08:49 PM

Jk Wrangler - Information

I have just seen it, sat in it and touched it and WOW!

Think about how good you expect it to be..... then just multiply your expectations by about 100 and that is how good it is in the flesh.

The unlimited is as long as a WH Grand Cherokee, much, much wider than the TJ. Has a load of extra features as standard and the big surprise is the pricing.

The export models have a slightly different look with the front bumper and fog lights being different to US specs.

Aussie cars come with full doors although you could order half doors as a factory order if you are that way inclined.

Sports come in soft top only - if you want a hard top go for the Renegade.
Rubicon comes with soft top or dual top as an option.

ALL MODELS HAVE ESP with brake lock differentials, traction control, anti roll mitigation, ABS and brake assist.

All have MP3 compatible sterios with ipod jacks - renegade gets subbie, audio dvd/mp3/cd and factory fit SAT NAV Radios will be available later in the year.

Towing Ratings
Wrangler 1600 kg
Unlimited 2300kg

Fuel Economy
Combined Cycle 3.8L Man 11.8 L/100 2.8L CRD Man 9.9 L/100
Auto 3.8L 11.8 L/100 same as man
Auto 2.8L CRD 9.7L/100
these are for the Unlimited - the Wrangler 2D is marginally better.

Wheels and Tyres
Sport / Renegade comes with 16" Alloys with 245/75R16 Tyres Ground Clearance 260.5mm

Rubicon has 17" alloy wheels with 255/75R17 tryes Ground Clearance 255.9mm

Any negatives?
Yes the rear number plate mounting is being sorted out but the factory one hangs down low and would get damaged in extreme four wheel drive terrain.

All models have improved approach, ramp over and departure angles and greater ground clearance that the TJ

HOW MUCH ARE THEY?
excluding on road costs the prices are fantastic value.

packages and prices are similar to TJ with the Renegade being best value with premium sound, alloys, dual top roof etc (it even has power locks, keyless entry and windows)
Cant tell you exactly yet as they are embargoed but if you are keen to get one get an order in at your local dealer real quick as otherwise you will be waiting for ever for your new car to arrive.

More info to come soon.

Fletch

MR EXTREME JEEP 16-02-2007 10:34 PM

When can we sit in one Fletch?

Fletch 17-02-2007 11:39 AM

Apparently the boats are arriving now.
vehicles should be in dealers very soon.
As I work for a dealer I got to go to the training day.
Fletch

silver_jk 17-02-2007 01:38 PM

tell us what there like when ya do mate :)

sir_camel 17-02-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_kj_crd
tell us what there like when ya do mate :)

My understanding from what he wrote was that he has...

Fletch 17-02-2007 04:04 PM

FINGERS CROSSED
as I might have one at the next MJOC club meeting.
Will let you all know if I can do it.
Watch out for full specs and prices here soon.

silver_jk 17-02-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_camel
My understanding from what he wrote was that he has...

i ment what do they "drive" like etc