AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   RumourMil (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   New Jeep Club (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68013)

robbo1959 08-05-2007 06:44 AM

New Jeep Club

There's a rumour going around that there might be a new Jeep club looking to form in the South east suburbs of Melb they are looking for a local Jeep dealer for sponsorship.

MR EXTREME JEEP 08-05-2007 07:41 AM

Good luck to them. I hope they make themselves known. Might be a "non offroaders" type of Jeep club. For all the blinged up Jeeps late model Grands etc....

Moses 08-05-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR EXTREME JEEP (Post 748692)
Good luck to them. I hope they make themselves known. Might be a "non offroaders" type of Jeep club. For all the blinged up Jeeps late model Grands etc....

does this meen you'll be joining EJ, you'll fit right in :lol:

Bomber 08-05-2007 11:22 AM

Hey Robbo are you gonna be the founding president ;-) ? The more clubs the merrier I say, can only be good for the brand - as long as we all get along who cares which club you're in.

robbo1959 12-05-2007 08:06 AM

What the above members are saying if you own a Grand and don't take it off road don't join MJOC your not welcome but if you own a Grand and then buy an XJ or whatever come and join us. Not very good for MJOC

MR EXTREME JEEP 12-05-2007 08:53 AM

Robbo WTF you talkin about?
If you have something to say just say it.
Dont beat around the bush.
If your gonna start a club and try to drum up interest by baggin the crap out of others you will only be harming yourself and your reputation. Dont try and justify your own existence by degrading everybody elses.
SANP OUT OF IT SON!!!!!

jeepgirl 12-05-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbo1959 (Post 749608)
What the above members are saying if you own a Grand and don't take it off road don't join MJOC your not welcome but if you own a Grand and then buy an XJ or whatever come and join us. Not very good for MJOC

Hm very interesting. Thank you for your comments as I'm sure they're appreciated by the club. Im a member of MJOC and have never felt that if im not lifted and dont go off road, that i wasnt welcome. Have u been to a meeting? If not, please come by and I'll happily introduce you to an array of people with vehicles that are quite contented on sipping lattes and doing wine tours. I guess these trips would be graded as E/D.

Then you have those that are interested in slightly going off road and having a bit of fun on nothing to extreme. A lot of people who enjoy camping, fishing and just getting together would fall into this category. Perhaps C grade trips?

Now of course you have those that equally love their jeeps like everyone else but like to push their jeeps (and themselves). These would be B & A grade trips.

There are categories to help everyone feel as most comfortable as possible. Now there are many grands, tjs, xjs etc etc.... i know many of them are latte drinkers (and a few hidden ones in there). At the end of the day, we all get together each month to talk about *all* trips and to organize things for every level of skill, person, truck that is involved. No matter what you drive or where you decide to go, there is someone always willing to give u hand and your always welcome.

I am only a member and im not associated with the club any other way, but having started at the very bottom and slowly working my way thru the "grades" (where im comfortable) - ive never come across anyone that has not been helpful and supportive in my little vandetta.

And its just a given that everyone can make a joke towards eachother. The previous posts reflect that and i know several of the posters and know their posts are not spiteful but in jest. We have a jeeping community that grows because of all these people that get together and help each other.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox.
Looking forward to seeing the new jeep club started anyway. Hopefully there's some Pink in there somewhere ;)

Kat